Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: What words annoy you?  (Read 8394 times)

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
What words annoy you?
« on: March 16, 2010, 08:31:44 am »
Well there are several sets of words that annoy me.I think with out weighing them up "I haven't the time you know" I know its what you do with the time.For you have just the same time as me 60 minutes an hour 24 hours a day 7 days a week .Get organized.Another one to set you off "There's no such word as can't" ??? ??? ??? :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

pedigree porker

• Joined Feb 2010
Re: What words annoy you?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 08:42:11 am »
My pet hate word is ABSOLUTELY!!!! AGGGGGG! You have a conversation with somebody and every other word they reply is absolutely, absolutely ... yes absolutely!!!!!!

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 08:56:20 am »
P P excuse me doin P P but I am next to the worlds worst keyboard user.Where the L's the percent sign gone there was one yesterday?  ;D I agree and next to it is them as cannot talk with out waving their arms I watch the driver of the car in front its never the passenger doing it, going down Scartho Road (A16 in Grimsby)Flappin like they are about to take off.Not looking where they are driving.Hopefully others will join in this thread ;D ;D :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

dixie

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 09:21:25 am »
Bored I hate the word bored,  my kids would never dare say they are bored for foear of being given hours of jobs to do ;D
The percentage sign is on the 5 key %%%% ;)

cmorrell

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Kirkintilloch, NE of Glasgow
    • Calum Morrell Photography
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 09:27:31 am »
It's not the words that annoy me, it's the context and intent that see me become irate fairly quickly. Generally I dislike reactionary, intolerant or dismissive use ... even when it's me doing it.

A brilliant example from another thread I've just read (trying to catch up on several pages of "New posts" from an extended forum absence) is the use of the word "townies". What a patronising, dismissive, intolerant word that has become in the past few years.

Anyway, I haven't the time. Absolutely.

lazybee

• Joined Mar 2010
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 09:51:44 am »
Well, if you know what I mean, it has to be said, basically, at the end of the day, if you know what I mean, basically, it's a game of two halfs, what can I say, if you know what I mean, basically, at the end of the day. and so on ad-infinitum.

FOOTBALLERS TALK AHHHHHHHH

PS what do you call a footballer with one achillies tendon..............David Backhome ;D

sandy

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 10:03:12 am »
Not the words people use but the intent behind them!! I don't like people saying sorry after insulting you for example. Oh, I remember hateing being refered to as "the misses"""" arhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Hardfeather

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2010, 10:06:27 am »
'Obviously'....particularly when used by someone being interviewed, or asked about something, so that the viewers/listeners can learn. FFS! if it was obvious we wouldn't be bloody well asking, would we? ::)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 10:08:32 am by AengusOg »

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2010, 11:00:21 am »
Behave yer sen Dixie and the ampersand is to right today above the Question Mark ? @@@ Trouble is its moved next time I want it.I see he is according to last nights news all season maybe poor David.I liked the funny good My neighbour is a keen football follower came round this am said bit of a bugger about Keither Alexander ain't it mate So I did my usual Zukio Adverts.David Bailey Whose he?Only use Alexander in stead.I think it is a cardinal sin not to know who the manager of Lincoln City was.Back to Words SORRY as the stupid bitch rams her shopping trolley into you .I usually turn and scream LIAR ??? ??? ;D ;D its no funny being crippled up for a week or more :farmer:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2010, 11:00:43 am »
PS what do you call a footballer with one achillies tendon..............David Backhome Grin

Oh I LIKE that one!  But seriously, poor David!  It must hurt dreadfully.

I always hated being called 'dear', and got it all the time in Aberdeenshire.  Down here I get 'pal', 'hen', 'hun', 'hunny' and I just LOVE it!  My Devonshire lad always used to call me 'my bird' and I loved that too.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2010, 11:04:44 am »
Do you know why I call you Annie Love?, praps better not tell you I may get into more bother ;D ;D

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2010, 11:05:50 am »
Go on, do tell, dear old Wiz! ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2010, 11:11:38 am »
No offence intended Annie but when I first met you by reading you on here Jack's wife.I promise you there is no malicious intent anything.I just thought I thought she had gone to heaven :D :farmer:

gavo

• Joined Aug 2008
  • Belcoo, Enniskillen, N.Ireland
  • Crazy Pig Lover
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2010, 11:34:40 am »
Here's one; it doesn't annoy me but it sure as hell annoys the kids;NO!They say it's my favourite word.

sellickbhoy

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Muiravonside, near Linlithgow
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2010, 11:56:06 am »
When a jakey tramp street urchin asks "have you got any spare change?"

Now, i don't want to belittle the plight of people taken to living rough in the streets, must be hellish when that is how you exist.

but, I always walk away thinking (lilght heartidly, not in a mean spirited way)

1. how do i know if that change is spare or not? I might need it in a few minutes for something else - until i've stopped living, i'll not know just if that change was spare or not!!

2. My immediate (internal) response to the question is always, yes i have, thank you very much. It's as if they are conducting a survey on people having change or not - instead of saying "could you give me some spare change" which is clearly a request for something and not a survey.

on a slightly related note, and this wasn't my proudest moment either, a Big Issue seller outside Queen Street Station in Glasgow accosted me and was trying to sell me his last issue of the Big Issue (i actually suspected he had found the magasine and was just trying to sell it for his own nefarious means)

He got quite pushy insisting it was "his last one"

but it was  a gorgeous day so I asked him "what's your rush to sell it, it's not like you are rushing home is it?"

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS