Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: incubating eggs  (Read 2285 times)

dillon

• Joined Mar 2010
incubating eggs
« on: March 14, 2010, 01:13:58 pm »
can i put eggs in my incubator at differant times say 2 days apart advice welcome :chook:

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
Re: incubating eggs
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 01:29:00 pm »
Yes, as long as they are all of the same species, i.e. all chicken or all duck etc. as these would need different environments. Pencil the dates on the eggs and then you will know if they are overdue or not quite ready.

dillon

• Joined Mar 2010
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 01:45:00 pm »
thanx for advice :chook:

dillon

• Joined Mar 2010
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 08:35:44 pm »
would it be ok to put one batch of eggs in 1 day and another batch in 3 days later or would they not hatch advice needed thanx :chook:

whitby_sam

• Joined Feb 2008
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 08:50:33 pm »
It depends on your incubator as to whether you can get away with this. I certainly wouldn't leave it any longer than 3 days as the humidity needs to change towards the end of the process. At around day 18 you need to stop turning the eggs and also increase the humidity to help soften the shells. If you do this too soon (ie with eggs less than say 15 days old) then the developing foetuses can contract infections and die or develop deformities so 3 days is definitely the maximum I'd say.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS