Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Crufts - for dogs not sofas :-)  (Read 15319 times)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Crufts - for dogs not sofas :-)
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2010, 11:42:57 pm »
"Dog cannot live on meat alone"

Not a real quote, but true all the same - they are omnivores and need carbs and veg too.  Maybe it was good stuff, Wiz, but they'd have got ricketts or something if they were fed meat on it's own ;)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2010, 07:44:42 am »
Now Annie dont start pull yersen together dear Its the meat bit to go with the NUTS :o :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Jackie

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2010, 08:12:18 pm »
Good luck Annie at Crufts  ;D

Oh Sylvia I was once invited as a guest to Crufts so didnt take a dog and I had the best time ever. I could freely look at everything and everyone without worrying about my dog/s. You will have a great time.  ;D

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2010, 08:26:32 pm »
I hope I have wished you lots of luck, but you may not need any yours is best bar far anyway.So lets see your dog/s on the leader board.Overall Supreme Champion would do us.Go for it lass were with you.Then we can see you on TV and I shall know how comfortable you really look. 4?XXXX :D :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2010, 10:03:01 pm »
Thanks, everyone.  Just having a quick look on here before printing off a map of the NEC then off to pack for me and Belle.  She's a nice little girl but not in the best of coats after it all fell out after having the pups, but we'll do our best, and most of all we'll have fun!  It'll be busy - the last day always is.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Jackie

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2010, 02:35:52 am »
Bath Belle in fairy liquid prior to Crufts as it fluffs up the remaining coat. It what those in the know do for goldens when they are out of coat.  ;D ;)
and then when the coat is dry a good buff up with a piece of raw silk to bring up the shine.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 02:39:37 am by Jackie »

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2010, 11:10:11 am »
Too late for that now, Jackie. I always bath my dogs three days before a show.  Lets the coat settle down. We don't like fluffy coats in Brittanys. But thanks anyway. Hairdresser for me at 1.30, then pack car and off at 4pm.  Just trying to catch up on here before I go offline.

Hellybee

• Joined Feb 2010
    • www.blaengwawrponies.co.uk
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2010, 11:29:30 am »
Good luck Annie :D  One of our friends is taking her Dachshund up there, wonder how shes done :hmmmm:

sandy

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2010, 05:09:39 pm »
Would love to see some of cufts, hope you do/did (by the time you read this)well Anne and have a good journey...my Uncle used to wash his hair in DAZ, made it nice and fluffy too!!!

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2010, 01:40:13 pm »
Annie, hope you did well AND did you see the notices at the ends of the benches, "Please do not touch dogs without the owners permission" and I thought my voice was a voice in the wilderness!!
Was it my imagination or were things a lot less crowded this year?

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2010, 05:20:10 pm »
Yes, Sylvia - I thought that too, and a lot of my friends said the same, but I wondered if it was just because I didn't venture far away from Hall 4, as I'd a lot of friends showing there - HPR's all together this year - another good innovation!  My friend Flick had a 2nd and a 3rd with her two Vizslas
Belle was a little star.  I know she was out of coat after  having the pups 4 months ago but she has a nice shape - she was 3rd in Limit bitch and 2nd in Good Citizen, and that was to the Reserve Best Bitch!  Our Judge, Patricia Rush said afterwards - 'I couldn't place her higher as she is so out of coat'.  'Yes', I said, 'so would you be if you had given birth four months ago'!  She had the good grace to laugh.  I think at least 6 people came to me and said she should have won both classes, even people who beat me!  So I came home with the best dog as usual  but some nice complements too. ;D ;D 

I wasn't terribly impressed with the stands though - didn't buy anything except a dog paper, a magazine and a few treats for the dogs.  We had a very stress free journey down to Stafford, even with the Travel Lodge we'd booked being on the north side and having to double back.  Then the journey to the NEC was EASY!  My friend Flick drove us to our first stop for something to eat, then I took over as it was dark and it was my car, but after a few hours I was losing concentration so her daughter in law took over and I slept from there to their house, then I was fresh for my own hour's drive home.  I'm beginning to flag now though.  But certainly a good outing!

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2010, 04:40:33 pm »
I wasn't too impressed with the stands either and I went all over! All very expensive designer collars and leads, coats etc. A couple of years ago you could buy all you needed at a very reasonable price. I went to the Canine Chemist for Drontal and even with their special offer it was cheaper at our local Farm Merchants.
 Still I enjoyed the day, met folk I only see at Crufts and my friend did well enough with her dogs so I may go again next year!!

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2010, 05:45:12 pm »
I watched the TV clips but did not see a Belle so they missed you Shame still dont know what you look like :wave:

Jackie

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2010, 07:51:58 pm »
I taped ALL of Crufts on the TV hoping to see you and Belle Annie. I avidly scanned the Brittanys although I wouldn't recognise you anyway. lol I was hoping someone would speak in a Scottish accent!  ;D  PS I am blonde!  ;)

Nice comments you got Annie and they do make it worthwhile.

Seriously Annie, try that fairy liquid trick with the raw silk to smooth and shine the coat. The fairy liquid removes the oil from the coat so the individual hair shafts spike out which makes the coat look thicker and the silk smooths and shines the coat. This fools the eye into seeing an undercoat.

We don't like fluffy coats in Goldens either and as mine are pales they look much better when smooth and sleek.

With an out of coat bitch it is sometimes better to bath them the day before a show not as we normally do 3 days, but it takes a lot more grooming to make the coat behave.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 07:56:10 pm by Jackie »

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2010, 07:59:08 pm »
If you watch the Brittany Best of Breed clip I am standing at the ringside wearing a turquoise jacket, NAdrea and Monty are more or less in front of me.  When Patricia went to Andrea to give her the Best of Breed Rosette I was looking at some one else and didn't notice, which is why I didn't start clapping at the same time as everyone else.   ::) ::) :-[ :-[ Duh ??? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tB9PvBB0rE

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS