Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: alas poor falcon  (Read 2228 times)

shetlandpaul

• Joined Oct 2008
alas poor falcon
« on: March 12, 2010, 02:49:41 pm »
i feel guilty. our shetland cockeral became to agressive to keep. he was always agressive but i liked him. shame.

Hermit

• Joined Feb 2010
Re: alas poor falcon
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 03:37:24 pm »
Hi paul, there is a cockerel free to good home advertised in the weisdale shop window. Cant remember what type a sort of Tri colour sussex type did not look properly, also friendly,wish I had paid more attention. It was an 810 number.Sandra was on duty ,give them a ring she will give you the number.   

Shame about Falcon but you did the right thing, they can be really nasty, we had one that used to leap on your head! All the best Karen.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 04:26:23 pm »
Maybe you should have called him "Budgie" . Maybe "Falcon" gave him airs above his station.

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 04:31:49 pm »
I can visualise you Karen looking like him the Italian commander in Hallo hallo When Boscom was just pissing your door  :o ::) ;D :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

shetlandpaul

• Joined Oct 2008
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 05:04:51 pm »
Hi paul, there is a cockerel free to good home advertised in the weisdale shop window. Cant remember what type a sort of Tri colour sussex type did not look properly, also friendly,wish I had paid more attention. It was an 810 number.Sandra was on duty ,give them a ring she will give you the number.   

Shame about Falcon but you did the right thing, they can be really nasty, we had one that used to leap on your head! All the best Karen.
thanks karen
we don't need another cockeral still got a few to many. i don't suppose you want a cream legbar cockeral to cute to kill. i held off killing him because he produced some nice chicks but after two very deep wound in jonathans arm he just had to die. excellent takeaway visitor deterant mind you. having to warn people that they may be attacked by the geese was onething but pyscho chucks is to much.

Hermit

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2010, 06:50:47 pm »
Thanks for the offer but have enough cockerels also. The new Turkeys I dont think will be such a soft touch to the Chow Mein man, they are half ninja, under lock and key anyway and the poults will go down to the pump house.
Georgee I was a cross between he of whom you speak and beaker off the muppets. Was not used to chooks then ;D

All the Best Karen.

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2010, 08:44:54 pm »
Karen the voice of experience " and bluddi felt like one as well" ought to be a law against it.Mind you if the offender can be wrapped loosely in barbed wire every time he moved it sparked to his body Bet he wouldn't return ever ??? :o ;D ;D :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS