Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Microchipping  (Read 6992 times)

Jackie

• Joined Nov 2009
Microchipping
« on: March 10, 2010, 08:40:57 am »
Rustyme posted this on another thread but it does need discussing so I have posted it here for him and us.

with regard to 'most responsible owners' chipping their dogs ,
 why is it 'responsible' to put a chip in your dog ?
 because the brainwashed sheep say so ?
 because you are told to ?
 am I irresponsible for not having them in mine ?
 how safe are these chips ? :
 http://www.organicconsumers.org/articles/article_7570.cfm
 why do people just blindly follow every single thing that the government say, without question ?
 This 'out of control ' wave of dog breeding for fighting and use as weapons , seems to have  popped up at yet another convenient moment !!! Do 'responsible' people really think, that the people breeding these 'illegal' dogs, are going to trot along to the vets  and PAY to get their 'illegal' dogs chipped ? and then have them destroyed !!! and then get taken to court for owning/breeding the dog ?
 So yet again it just reverts back to normal people being made  criminals if they don't abide by 'responsible' peoples ideas  of what everyone should do !!! 
 RFID .... yes very good isn't it ...all safe and only for use in animals ... er well no actually . TV wasn't converted to digital because it gave better pictures.  it was done to make way for the sale of analogue wavelengths. To be sold off for use in RFID chip technology . Just in animals ...nope .. in us, people . Take a look at Verichip ... the RFID chip people .
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VeriChip
 Oh well very good you may say , it will make things so much better for everyone ... young babies ... the very old with memory loss ... the sick ... prisoners ... oh and also the unemployed ... no chip = no money , then everyone else .
 While you are looking at verichip , also have a look at  IBM ...and their link with the Holocaust. It was IBM's punch card (Hollerith) machine that made it possible for the Nazis to wipe out 6 million Jews in WW2 . How did it make it possible ? with an ID number (the death camp tattoo was an IBM number)....the same as the RFID chip for humans has  (the RFID chip number is 16 digits long )... yes so what you may say , it is just a number , Tell that to the remaining death camp survivors!!! , oh and ,  IBM are backing the company that makes the human RFID chip.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2002/mar/29/humanities.highereducation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2udoNmQkR4

I am not getting my dogs chipped EVER , nor will I ever be chipped ...no doubt that means I am irresponsible !! so be it . As was said in the Prisoner TV program " I am not a number ...I am a free man " and I intend to stay so , unlike most 'responsible' people ....

cheers

Russ             

Jackie

• Joined Nov 2009
Re: Microchipping
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 08:45:18 am »
I too think this is a very stupid knee jerk reaction to dog attacks from our government that isn't going to achieve what it was designed to.

The people who generally own nasty dogs that attack others will not microchip their animals as they are generally people below the radar of the law anyway.
It will cost responsible owners again!

However saying that I do microchip my dogs in case they get out and get lost. I do want them back.  ;D

BTW if the vet doesn't site the microchip properly they have been known to migrate to the heart or lungs and kill the dog.
Do we then sue the government or the vet for the dead dog?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 08:47:46 am by Jackie »

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 09:09:54 am »
Thanks Jackie,
     After putting the post in the wrong place ,(I was knackered and wasn't concentrating) I was just too tired to do it last night , plus I had fallen ar*e over  t*t yesterday and really hurt my hand , so was typing with one hand ....very slowly  !!! So thanks again for opening this thread  .

cheers

Russ

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 09:25:19 am »
Sorry to read of youre misfortune Russ I hope it soon gets better but now you know what I'm moanin about I type at that speed flat out wi both hands :D :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 09:44:42 am »
I totally agree with Jackie and Russ.  The responsible owners will pay yet again. 

I also microchip mine - like Jackie, I love my dogs, and if they were to inadvertently get out I want them back, dead or alive.  And I have two that have migrated but my vet checks them annually when they are getting their boosters. 

However, I gave my puppy buyers an option by tattooing my pups, so it is up to them whether they chip or not. 

One advantage of the tattoo is that the breeder is held on register as well as the current owner so if the dog changes hands without the knowledge of the breeder and is found wandering they are notified, and another advantage is that breed clubs are allowed to have the information.  The chip register won't give information to the breed clubs so we can't help by tracing the breeder.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Jackie

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010, 09:50:01 am »
I like tattoos for the dogs too, for the reasons you stated, but it seems to have fallen out of favour these days  :(

Im more than happy to take back any dogs I have bred, In fact I insist on it when I sell a pup, but with just a chip no one will know I bred it.

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2010, 12:03:27 pm »
Russ hope you are feeling better today!

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2010, 12:58:52 pm »
Annie Good afternoon I agree with you entirely I sometimes don't express myself to well so always read me 3 times ;D It is not the proper dog owner I have any complaint with .A silly comment there is goes past a girl when they have come home from school slightly built comes past most days with 4 yes 4 of the red dogs Setters I think they are called on leads being towed There is not a cat in hells chance if they decide to go after something say across the road Can she get the leads unwrapped from around her wrists will she get dragged into a motor and I will bet anything you like at court it will be the motorists fault The stupid bloody dog owners make me boil.Not to mention those who have a divine right to let their dog chase sheep Oh he won't hurt a fly hes only playing with them.They don't if they are there with an ounce and a sixteenth of no six in them and of course the dog has suffered the consequence of its ignorant don't care owner ??? ??? :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

sagehen

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Warwickshire
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2010, 08:39:11 pm »
Where did I read that they were suggesting a proficiency test for would be dog owners? Much like a proficiency test for driving. I doubt somehow that people who keep dogs for illegal purposes like dog fighting are going to be queueing up for the test if they implement it  ::)

Hellybee

• Joined Feb 2010
    • www.blaengwawrponies.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2010, 10:14:10 am »
They ll be chipping us next  ::)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2010, 10:20:08 am »
Where did I read that they were suggesting a proficiency test for would be dog owners? Much like a proficiency test for driving. I doubt somehow that people who keep dogs for illegal purposes like dog fighting are going to be queueing up for the test if they implement it  ::)
I think this should be compulsory, and that a licence is required to own dogs, and also like TV's you can't get a dog - either bought or gifted, until you havce a licence first.  But how it would be funded beats me ??? ???
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2010, 04:05:40 pm »
Charge a a fee like TV licencing and its set to increase by £3 to £145:50 from the 1st April 2010.It's time BBC was abandoned and made to earn its living like the commercial station.What a huge success DAB is I know what you are thinking what can we whack for the TV licences we are not getting Oh sorry not you Gordon or is it Alistair ??? ;D ;D ;D ;D

ukag0972

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Argyll
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2010, 05:26:46 pm »
My three dogs are chipped and the oldest lab also has her DNA profile done so if she's nicked, I can prove she's mine!
The JR chip has moved to below her chest do if they try to read it around the neck, they'd not find it!

Surely it wouldn't be too difficult to put down any info on a chip, like breeders details etc. Not too keen on yet another licence, more paperwork, but something needs to be done. Id like all non pedigree dogs neutered, with a reduced fee!
Hope that's not opened a can of worms!

lazybee

• Joined Mar 2010
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2010, 06:37:40 pm »
I think Russ's rant is exacly that, a rant. We need a ranting room. Like some other forums. Jews, Nazis, death camps, chipping babies?? What a load of Twaddle.
If I lost any of my dogs I'd want them back.......simples
........ In France the ear tattoo and the chip have been law for many years and the system works, although the ear tattoo is very rare now as the chip is so efficient. There is a national database you have to inform if you move or if the animal dies. The vet would do this if the animal was PTS or you registered with a new practice.

The problem with the system in the UK is that there are too many different companies supplying the chips. Here in france there is only one, so all the vets and police etc only have to have the one reader. I know there will always be a hardcore of scumbags with dogs, therefore anything that makes it harder for other scumbags to get involved has to be a good thing. It is policed very vigorously here if you have a dog or horse without one, you're in it.

P.S Russ I hope you didn't go ar*e over  t*t as you put it, falling of a soap box ;D

Jackie

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2010, 08:04:09 pm »
The government has abandoned the idea now as so many dog owners were up in arms about it.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS