Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Flubenvet  (Read 2619 times)

LisaBellamy

• Joined Mar 2015
Flubenvet
« on: July 20, 2015, 04:41:02 pm »
Hi does anyone know whats happening with Flubenvet (the 60g box for small poultry keepers)? Been trying to get it from my usual country store suppliers since April - no luck so I looked on line and its the same there - all out of stock

Louise Gaunt

• Joined May 2011
Re: Flubenvet
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 04:46:27 pm »
Apparently there is a problem with the manufacturer, the date it will be available keeps being put back. I am not sure when it will be available. I am using pellets with  Vermex added at the moment as a continuous feed. The hens are looking much better on this feed, not sure if it is because they had worms or they just like it better so are eating more!

Clarebelle

• Joined Jan 2013
  • Orkney
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 05:27:31 pm »
My local agri supplier told me October but no idea where they have this date from

Kimbo

• Joined Feb 2015
  • Anglezarke, Lancashire
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 05:52:41 pm »
Ive been told end of September. They are still advertising the 1% in Practical Poultry , which is a bit naughty I think.
Im using Marriages layers pellets with Flube in it
Is it time to retire yet?

chrismahon

• Joined Dec 2011
  • Gascony, France
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2015, 05:08:02 am »
Heard someone saw some 1% at their local vets and decided to buy it -until they were told £34 and the stuff was out of date as well.

Seems Elanco aren't really sure when they will make some more. Panacur, which isn't licensed for poultry, can be used I am told. But in the meantime we've bought Verm-X, on the basis that it is better than nothing.

RPF

• Joined Feb 2015
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2015, 06:11:44 am »
I've also used the Marriages pellets. I agree with Chris that Vermex is also a good interim solution. You could also try adding a few herbs and spices to their feed. I add a pinch of garlic granules. Doesn't affect eggs in that amount.

ponylady

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2015, 07:46:42 am »
I used the Marriages too, no problem getting it.

LisaBellamy

• Joined Mar 2015
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2015, 09:27:55 am »
Many thanks for that - Im off to get some Marriages

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS