Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: MF135 tyre pressures?  (Read 8514 times)

Fieldfare

• Joined Feb 2011
MF135 tyre pressures?
« on: July 16, 2015, 10:11:14 pm »
Hi all- what are the 'correct' tyre pressures on an MF135
1) when not carrying anything
2) Pulling a hayzip
3) carrying a disc mower
4) pulling a baler.

My rear tyres are cracking (age-related). Better to pump a bit higher so they don't squash as much against the ground to reduce the speed of decay?

stufe35

• Joined Jan 2013
Re: MF135 tyre pressures?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 11:42:00 pm »
Field fare I'm disappointed in you, have you not bought a users manual for your tractor ?

Off the top of my head 10 psi in the rear 40 psi in the front,  but I'll check in my manual tomorrow and come back to you if no one beats me to it.

Ok ive googled it and im now going with 12 psi in the rear and 30 psi in the front.

The fronts can be run lower, but the harder you do them the easier the steering...and this is within tolerance as you are recommended to use higher pressures for use with front loaders.

Rears range between 10 and 15 psi, 10 is very low for maximum traction when ploughing for example. 15 for heavy loads and road work.  As a small holding run about 12 will be fine for all your duties and as your tyres are going on a bit on the :safe side; see below

You should be aware that blowing up large tyres is a potentially dangerous business,  People have been killed when large tyres burst.  In workshops they use long ends on the air line to enable the user to stand behind a shield with the controller to inflate.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 01:44:40 pm by stufe35 »

Fieldfare

• Joined Feb 2011
Re: MF135 tyre pressures?
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2015, 05:55:54 pm »
Hahahaha! You are better than a manual  :D .. but you are right- I'll get onto eBay now and get a paper one. Thanks for the sound advice as usual!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS