Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hoppity hen now skipping!!!!!  (Read 2066 times)

juliag

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Wanstrow somerset
Hoppity hen now skipping!!!!!
« on: March 09, 2010, 02:32:19 pm »
 :) Let the girls out this morning as as they all charged up the field to the polytunnel (they know when they are well off) I noticed my little hoppity hen who had the broken leg is now holding the leg much better (instead of it being held up and just limp) and was using a walking motion with the leg,  not quite putting it on the ground but using a little skipping action. Upon reaching the polytunnel and being on grass instead of the frozen field she appeared to put the leg down and although I am not sure how much weight she was putting on it it is a huge improvment from how she was. Good old hoppity, glad we didnt kill her !!  :) :)
juliag

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
Re: Hoppity hen now skipping!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 03:00:20 pm »
That's good news then.

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 03:37:17 pm »
Thats good to hear ....they look funny doing a skip don't they, but hey, at least she is back on her  feet!!

My silkie cockerel is getting better every day, although his leg is a bit bent, and he has a funny walk. ....but he must be feeling good, as he is trying to tread the battery hen who is in the pen with him.

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 09:50:33 pm »
Hurrah to julie & Roxy's chooks... glad you gave them a chance!  And hope it continues to pay off...
Little Blue

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 10:59:39 pm »
Well done both!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS