Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: jobs  (Read 10825 times)

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
jobs
« on: July 12, 2015, 12:43:15 pm »
Ah well certain jobs I haven't got round to have gotten really big, like trimming one of my three gardens and weeding and it is now taking a long time. the weather has been endless bloomin rain. This year has been a disaster for my veg garden, the blackcurrants are tasteless because not enough sunshine and the slugs and snails are endless :rant: Sorry for the rant I just had to say it all.
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

verdifish

• Joined Jan 2013
  • banffshire
Re: jobs
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 01:59:36 pm »
Maybe if you spent more time in the garden and less time on here posting lots and lots about nothing you would have time for your multiple gardens and slug and snail breeding !!!

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2015, 02:10:24 pm »
Thats a bit harsh verdifish
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

verdifish

• Joined Jan 2013
  • banffshire
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2015, 02:15:48 pm »
Bionic ,by my standards in being very gentle !!!

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2015, 02:43:42 pm »
Maybe if you spent more time in the garden and less time on here posting lots and lots about nothing you would have time for your multiple gardens and slug and snail breeding !!!
That is very offensive, You know as well as everyone else that I only post to help people and to give advice. I am very stressed out because I am busy doing farm work and do not have enough time to do my gardening, I post posts on here when I have a free minutes throughout the day in between mucking out buildings, rearing calves and lots of other serious farming jobs which not a lot of people would understand. Bloomin Nora if that's gentle then a satellite crashing into earth must be sheer bliss. Also you know as well as I do that the slug and snail population has been dreadful this year, with some veg gardens not even getting the chance to produce veg. Think before you comment, remember I am not just a computer I do have feelings you know, That is the lesson which I have been taught through other online forums and hurling abuse at anyone is totally unacceptable! I thought this forum was full of gentle and kind considerate people and very refreshing to help take my mind off farming worries, if this is the sort response I get then I will take my custom elsewhere! :rant:
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 02:46:06 pm by waterbuffalofarmer »
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

kelly58

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Highlands, Scotland
  • Home is were my animals are.
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2015, 02:58:41 pm »
Well said ! We all need a  :rant: sometimes and this bl....dy rain none stop is enough to test anyones patience.
My greenhouse might as well be used as storage as nothings growing !
Feel for the folk not being about to get their machines onto their fields, its going to have a knock on effect on feed and hay prices l fear. The docks are like triffids.We are trying to render a wall,  the rain comes and washes part of it off.
On a positive note, our ponds are full, the herons and wild ducks are having a great time.
 :fc: for August, September

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2015, 02:59:37 pm »
Rant away Waterbuffalofarmer - we need a moan sometimes  :)
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2015, 03:02:57 pm »
Thanks guys I really appreciate what you've said :) I hope the weather gets better for you all too, I haven't managed to cut yet either, the weather is only just starting to improve.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2015, 03:06:16 pm »
It was scorching yesterday here, watered the veg garden this morning as I was working at a festival yesterday - then it rained!! sods law.

:raining:
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2015, 03:56:55 pm »
Come to sunny Devon, we had a very welcome if gentle shower this morning and looking forward to more! Had a real downpour earlier in the week but it rained so hard that it ran off our sloping land rather than soaking in and our veg doing well.
WBF, I find your input as good as any.
Verdifish, I think this is the second time recently that your sharp comments have upset someone! On the naughty stair!!

Me

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Wild West
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2015, 04:32:43 pm »
"remember I am not just a computer"

"I am a super computer?" "I am also a hula girl?" "I am also a fax machine?"

pgkevet

• Joined Jul 2011
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2015, 04:40:35 pm »
You need a  Fiona.

I have jobs that back up on me too.. either 'cos I really don't fancy them or age/backache or ignorance make them hard to cope with.

4 weeks ago the sewage pond reed system pump failed. it aerates via a swirly waterfall. I called a plumber to help me sort it.. and we did identify the pump had really had t. I bought a replacement pump (£400) and called him to come fit it. 2 weeks later and still no visit. Friday I'm chatting by phone to Fiona and mention i could do with moral support to try and do it. Saturday she turns up full of energy and enthusiasm and demand we get on with it... figuring how to join to old broken buried hose, pulling pump wires underground etc and after some 4/5 hrs we had the system back up and running. Today she turns up bright and early ready to climb into waders and clear the excess plant growth and duckweed, chivvies me up and we get the pond cleared out and nice again.

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2015, 04:41:46 pm »

I meant I am not a computer but a fellow human being

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2015, 05:06:30 pm »
Maybe Verdifish was being 'amusing' and forgot to add some smileys?  :eyelashes: :innocent:  Hopefully!  >:( >:( >:(

I've been very lucky this year - although my health isn't always good, I have great friends, family, and neighbours who have given me plants, helped me plant things, and my son put up a new greenhouse jigsaw puzzle for me in time to get seeds in.  I have had no visits from white butterfly (yet anyway  :fc:)  and the CDs fluttering on a  string rope have kept the  multiple pigeon families living in my leylandii.

So I now have raised beds jam packed full of things growing like crazy - the only problem is they are too crowded - I allowed for failures that didn't happen.  :'( :'( :'(
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Me

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Wild West
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2015, 05:28:55 pm »

I meant I am not a computer but a fellow human being

I know  ;)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS