Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: !!!!!WARNING!!!!!  (Read 6948 times)

sandy

Re: !!!!!WARNING!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2010, 09:18:07 pm »
I was going to mention that poor man who ended up in prison for shooting at someone on his land, they had been pestering him for ages and he had more than one rottwieler!!(how do you spell that before I get into trouble and end up wearing a dunces hat? :dunce:

marigold

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Kirriemuir Scotland
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2010, 09:23:30 pm »
Beware Roxy
I used to work on the basis that we live in such a mess that no-one would ever know where to find anything. That was before OH's chainsaw went missing from inside a kitchen cupboard under a load of boxes in the shed. our neighbours lost all their tools for woodworking and there are more stories from around here. They all happened in a cluster and seemed to have local knowledge.
It's a rotten thing to do - some people just deserve to have a massive german shepherd take a chunk out of their back sides
kirsty

sandy

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2010, 09:37:42 pm »
The sad fact is the victim usualy comes off worse and me with my Youth Work etc have to be very careful not to get a charge, a fellow youth worker never worked again as he pushed a mugger away and the mugger charged him with assult and the mugger just happened to be under 16 so a minor!!!

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2010, 09:44:18 pm »
well if I caught anyone nicking anything from my place I wouldn't give a toss, I would kick seven colours of shite out of them , and they wouldn't be nicking anything from anyone for at least a few months ...as thats how long it takes for broken arms to mend properly !!!!

cheers

Russ

sandy

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2010, 10:03:35 pm »
I would like to but 1, I would hurt myself more and 2, I would never work again!!!

Jackie

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2010, 02:45:17 am »
The law seems to be changing in favour of the householder now, and its about flippin time it did!

Farmer

• Joined May 2009
  • Sidway, Staffordshire
    • Farmeats.com
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2010, 04:08:07 am »
The law says 'you should only use 'reasonable force' when defending your property...what's reasonable? Many years ago I 'defended' my property against two would be house breakers...broke ones nose and the other's arm...was arrested by local police...but not charged because both were known to be violent and one was on the run from prison...the Police Superintendant said that since I only used my fists and not a 'weapon' it would be seen by the Public Prosecutors Office as being 'reasonable force' and no action would be taken...but he also warned me that the 'thieves' could/might bring charges...which they did not, thank goodness.

Not so young and fit these days...so I wouldn't think twice about using a 'weapon'...I'd just have to take my chances with 'the law'...but I'd still 'defend' my property! There is little or no justice for the victim in this country and all the bloody 'do gooders' have made it far too easy for criminals...prison is no deterrent.

Farmer,  :farmer:  >:(

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2010, 08:44:21 am »
Mornin all e sed bendin is nees and lisnin to em crackle ;D Its another one of the words Sandy where i before e except after c doesn't apply, other wise you spelt it right Good girl 9 outta 10.
So Dave Todd who farms a farm near Wragby Took the OH out one evening and upon returning home met a 90 coming down their private road Pulling to one side expecting it to stop was most surprised when it drew level and then sped away.Thats our bloody 4X4 Dave said and raced to the house rushed in and dialed 999 The performance he had getting the op; in the call centre to understand was amazing He was eventually transfered to Lincoln HQ in Nettlehm .Well Mr Todd the Panda is busy in Market Rasen and has to go to Stone Farm to an incident there before he can come to you.Even I dare not write on here what Dave said nor shall I tell you how many million quid is paid to Lincolnshire Police from the Council Tax Coffers The Land Rover was found in a garage in Doncaster,I seem to remember it was fitted with a tracker device the thieves hadn't found
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

juliag

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Wanstrow somerset
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2010, 08:49:14 am »
one night the dog (dobermann) was going balistic but as none of the security lights had come on I didnt think anything of it, however let her out and as I did (although not sure why) I said see em off soph! with that she took off up the garden path, jumped the garden gate and then all hell let loose with the result of a man running across the stable yard and jumping clean over a 5 bar gate , taking off up the road to where he had a van waiting and wheel spinning up the lane!  When we went into the yard he had our quad pulled out ready to go. The house opposite was burgled about a fortnight later and I relayed the story to one of the police investigating next doors burglary to be told to put a warning sign on the gate saying the dog was there and then if she attacked a wrong un in the middle of the night then tough!! lol
juliag

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2010, 09:38:14 am »
A bit naughtier than I usually go so don't read any further if you are easy to take offence.So there were 3 Dobies down the Blue Cross and they were chatting "What you here for then " Well I cannot resist chasing the Postman and I accidentally caught his back wheel in his bike and he fell off and I stood over him until John came and pulled me off.We had to go to court and the Judge ordered I be put down whatever that is.Me too said the second one Why what happened Well the IR switched the yard lights on and this sod was creeping up towards the garage .so I snarled and he fled and did a western roll over the far fence but I snapped my mouth shut with his lower leg in and his foot and ankle dropped in the border it must have been the same judge.Any way what you in for Karl .Well you both know my mistress don't you You've seen us promenading up and down the South Prom at Cleethorpe You mean that one with the Hot pants and a very large chest? Yeah thats her Well last night I'd dozed off and I heard a noise up stairs and it was her going to get a bath I looked in through door and she was bent over swishing in some bath oil Well what would you have done Jake.Oh dear what are they going to do to you then Karl.Clip my toe nails she said on the phone
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 03:34:00 pm by Wizard »
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

juliag

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Wanstrow somerset
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2010, 01:44:37 pm »
lol very funny, actually my little 3 legged jack russel nipped a poor neighbour as he came to the door this morning to say could he take some eggs and drop money around later, poor chap she has never behaved like that before and had a damn good telling off before she was put in her cage in disgrace but I think she only did it because he didnt leave me any money.. ;D ;D ;D
juliag

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS