Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: !!!!!WARNING!!!!!  (Read 6949 times)

CameronS

• Joined Aug 2009
  • North East Fife
!!!!!WARNING!!!!!
« on: March 05, 2010, 07:31:35 pm »
Watch out for White Mercedes Van in the north east fife area.

These people are BAD news, trying to get away with daylight robbery, a local friend was in her husbands office, and looked out the window and here are people loading wood and tools into a van, and when she confronted them they hurled abuse and ran taking all the stuff. 
They also attempted to do three farms over in daylight.

just a warning

anything seen should be reported please

Thank you

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: !!!!!WARNING!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 07:50:17 pm »
They've moved up from the Preterborough area by the sounds of it.  A gang down there were confronted and to get away they drove the van over my friend's spaniel and killed it.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

CameronS

• Joined Aug 2009
  • North East Fife
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 07:52:03 pm »
awwww what a bloomin shame, poor dog, just no need is there

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 07:54:10 pm »
awwww what a bloomin shame, poor dog, just no need is there
Gay and Brian said it looked like it was deliberate too
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

sagehen

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Warwickshire
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 07:55:49 pm »
Loads of em about, Annie, not just one gang. There's always a guy who comes round here in a white van asking if we want to buy any tools (stolen of course!) There was also those two cheeky sods I caught trying to lift the OH's cement mixer into their truck, and when I went, 'Oi wtf do you think you're doing?' they give the standard answer of, 'Oh is this such and such farm, we were told we could have any scrap metal'. Loads of robberies around here.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 07:59:33 pm by sagehen »

sandy

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2010, 08:19:27 pm »
 :o Bring um on!!

Jackie

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2010, 08:43:26 pm »
You all need a couple of german shepherds.

sagehen

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Warwickshire
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2010, 08:53:56 pm »
Or an akita!!  ;D ;D Or just a shotgun maybe?  :farmer:

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2010, 09:18:53 pm »
If they came round here, our GSD who was bred for the police force, would not ask any questions.  As one scrap man said, as he poked around "OMG he has a head the size of a football - is he loose in the yard at night?"  He then beat a hasty retreat, never to be seen again.

Its not right, scum bags like this helping themselves, and it makes you wonder, if they run over a dog, are they capable of doing the same to a person should they get in their way?

We have had a lot of quad bike thefts here.  Thieves have been breaking into outbuildings and then making off across fields, to a waiting trailer.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2010, 09:21:49 pm »
I have a German here too - she sounds like the Hound of the Baskervilles when she gets going.  Nobody gets past her - mind you the Brits would bark like crazy too.

sagehen

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Warwickshire
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2010, 09:25:27 pm »
Hey same here! We lost a quad bike, and my son was absolutely devastated. They also took a monkey bike and a generator (small one but new). The police came and took the lock (for fingerprints they say  ::)) but nowt came out of that. They just shrugged and admitted that was nothing they could do about it.
 The weirdest thing is, I mean we get a lot of people coming round to ask for scrap, because the front yard looks like a junkyard anyway (we are always doing work on the house) but the ones who rob us are the natives, whilst the Irish travellers who ask for scrap take great pains to be polite and are the ones who are will knock and enquire, instead of roaming around the place without permission.

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2010, 10:26:45 pm »
I leave the key in the lock most times when I go out ....mainly because its dark when I get back, and it saves fumbling about for the lock to get the key in.  People grumble at me about risking it, but one look through the window, would drive thieves away - apart from nothing worth stealing, the sight of all our dogs barking and jumping up at the window - who in their right mind would turn the key and go in??

I must add we are down a track, a bumpy one at that about a mile long, and then through a gate and over another bumpy track.  To come all that way, and then find nothing worth having would be an immense disappointment to most ;D

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2010, 10:29:51 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2010, 09:47:37 am »
Will you have Wizards advice Leave them. Let them have it.Call the police with a van number if you can get close enough or a pair of glasses to read it and say which way they went.Is a £1000 Alternator worth you being in a wheel chair for the rest of your life.If they dont murder you.The bastards yes bastards it is not a swear word it describes one of boubtfull parentage and have these people bin dragged up rate? If you harm one An example will be made of you not him or her some of them are as bad.Look at that chap who shot ove with a 22 I think he was locked up for his own saftey.They were alleged Travellers from Newark which is miles away ??? ???
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

CameronS

• Joined Aug 2009
  • North East Fife
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2010, 04:46:37 pm »
Or an akita!!   

They came to our door today, dad caught one of them in the green house, whilst the other two were round at the shed, little did they know Arnie (GSP pictured in DP) was out and about  ;D

They went home with bruised errrem you get it  ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS