Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Land or Smallholding required Central Scotland  (Read 5608 times)

mhairi

• Joined Jul 2015
Land or Smallholding required Central Scotland
« on: July 07, 2015, 12:34:55 pm »
Looking to rent around 20 -25 acres suitable for sheep and horses in Central or Southern Scotland.

Entitlement not essential.

2-3 bedroom cottage and kennels (or room for kennels) essential with a shed and sheep handling facilities desirable but not essential if there is also room to erect something.

Must have decent transport links due to employment commitments. Must be available from September 2015 on a LONG TERM basis, no seasonal lets.

Land/steading only in Clackmannanshire would also suit.

Anything sensible will be seriously considered in any area.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 09:12:51 am by mhairi »

verdifish

• Joined Jan 2013
  • banffshire
Re: SCOTTISH Smallholding Required
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 02:09:16 pm »
And can i get tomorrow nights winning lottery numbers as well please !

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 02:37:05 pm »
Seen this?

I've no affiliation, just remembered seeing it.

Oops, sorry, I think it's just the English side of the border - by about 3 miles - so may not be of use to you.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 02:40:34 pm by SallyintNorth »
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

mhairi

• Joined Jul 2015
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2015, 11:01:58 pm »
SallyintNorth, thank you. i have seen this & been in touch but its much more a livery set up & no sheep allowed.

Verdifish, no need to be facetious! Scottish farming needs all the GENUINE new entrants it can get.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 11:06:49 pm by mhairi »

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2015, 12:29:47 am »
as opposed to disingenuous entrants?  ???
keeper of goats, sheep, pigs, ducks, chickens, turkeys, dogs, cats, goldfish and children, just don't ask me which is the most work!

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2015, 06:49:24 am »
As opposed to no entrants at all surely  :-\ . Good luck Mhairi - I'm sure you'll find somewhere somehow  :thumbsup: .
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2015, 08:09:51 am »
Keep looking Mhari, I'm sure you'll find your dream :) Verdifish, keep buying a lottery ticket, and keep dreaming ;)

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2015, 08:20:50 am »
Mhairi, if I could sort it for you, I would  :) Something will turn up for you  :fc: :fc:

verdifish

• Joined Jan 2013
  • banffshire
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2015, 09:27:00 am »
SallyintNorth, thank you. i have seen this & been in touch but its much more a livery set up & no sheep allowed.

Verdifish, no need to be facetious! Scottish farming needs all the GENUINE new entrants it can get.

My comment was meant to be a light hearted way of saying you will need a whole pile of luck finding what your looking for with the set of requirements you've stated .it wasn't meant to cause offence and I it did I apologise  .
Could you elaborate on Scottish farming needing genuine new entrants please ? And was it pointed at myself ?

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2015, 09:49:29 am »
Woah. Are we in "touchy" month? Relax, peeps, sun's out  :sunshine:

verdifish

• Joined Jan 2013
  • banffshire
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2015, 10:30:00 am »
Not up here Rosemary ! ????

Dan

• Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2015, 10:55:28 am »
A reminder that this is the marketplace - if you're not either buying what the OP's selling, can supply what the OP wants, or have something helpful to say to the OP, please don't post.

This board is about doing business, not discussing other people's business.  :)

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2015, 11:20:50 am »
Woah. Are we in "touchy" month? Relax, peeps, sun's out  :sunshine:

Salt in the wound, Rosie - wet and cold here  :gloomy: :cold:

Glad for you you have  :sunshine: - but envious! lol

Apols, just read reminder about OT posts in the Marketplace.  Back in my corner ;)
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

mhairi

• Joined Jul 2015
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2015, 09:11:26 am »
as opposed to disingenuous entrants?  ???

As opposed to those who'll inherit the family farm anyway but swap names on a bit of paper to claim more subsidy.

mhairi

• Joined Jul 2015
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2015, 09:21:09 am »
My comment was meant to be a light hearted way of saying you will need a whole pile of luck finding what your looking for with the set of requirements you've stated .it wasn't meant to cause offence and I it did I apologise  .
Could you elaborate on Scottish farming needing genuine new entrants please ? And was it pointed at myself ?
[/quote]

Apologies Verdifish! I took it to heart.

Scotland (and UK agriculture as a whole) has a massive problem with lack of new entrants. What I would call a genuine new entrant is those who don't just sign a name on a bit of paper to become 51% holder (of a business they would inherit anyway) and are then eligible to claim an extra wad of cash in the sub. I regularly see 50 & 60 year old farmers who still have to get mum or dad to sign the cheque. Succession is a massive problem.

So many farms are becoming bigger and houses sold off making it even more difficult for non family farmers to get into units of 100ish acres and family house because they don't exist anymore.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS