Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: G'Day from Kaukapakapa!  (Read 2163 times)

Paul King

• Joined Jun 2015
G'Day from Kaukapakapa!
« on: June 09, 2015, 01:09:34 am »
 :wave: :wave:

Kia ora koutou and hello there, I see this is mainly (I think) a UK site? I'm originally from Hampshire but now live in beautiful rural north west Auckland on a few acres overlooking the kaipara harbour. We have only been on the land for 8 months, so far, 6 sheep (lawn-mowers) a few hens and our two dogs. I guess it's not much different where we are to the UK except warmer... and I can afford a few acres within 45 mins of the CBD of the largest city in the country...
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 07:26:36 am by Dan »

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
 :wave: from Shropshire.

The_Hawthorne_Pack

• Joined Jun 2015
Hi from somewhere near Doncaster!  I come originally from Portsmouth, but haven't travelled as far as you. What other animals are you planning on having? :farmer:

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
And  :wave: hello from Devon.

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Welcome from north Cumbria  :wave:

Mainly UK, yes, but we do have a few members from other places. It's always good to hear how they do things in other places  :D
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Re: G'Day from Kaukapakapa!
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2015, 07:58:00 am »
Hello and welcome from Carmarthenshire. It will be interesting to hear your plans
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2015, 08:56:16 am »
Hello and welcome  :wave: New Zealand always sounds lovely - like Scotland with sunshine. Although wehave sunshine today  :thumbsup:

Thyme

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Machynlleth, Powys
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2015, 09:11:28 am »
Hiya, from me and my Auckland born and bred husband  :wave:
Shetland sheep, Copper Marans chickens, Miniature Silver Appleyard ducks, and ginger cats.

Possum

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Somerset
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2015, 09:32:42 pm »
Sounds great! I have been lucky enough to go twice to New Zealand and was struck by the similarity to the UK (but with more sheep!) :sheep: :sheep: :sheep: :sheep: :sheep:
North west Auckland sounds ideal for a smallholding. Let us know how you get on. :)

Old Shep

• Joined Feb 2011
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2015, 10:17:41 pm »
'ow doo from Yorkshire.  Hope you enjoy the forum, it would be lovely to have input from around the world.

Helen - (used to be just Shep).  Gordon Setters, Border Collies and chief lambing assistant to BigBennyShep.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS