Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: my dream farm  (Read 10786 times)

Farmer

• Joined May 2009
  • Sidway, Staffordshire
    • Farmeats.com
Re: my dream farm
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2010, 07:10:52 pm »
I take your point Langdon...but I still feel that the programme lacked balance and showed 'smallholders' in a poor light...and as I've already said, that's only my opinion and others may not agree...that's the best part of being an individual, you don't have to run with the crowd.

One thing for certain...I'm no expert!

All the best to everyone...no matter what opinion you hold

Farmer,  :farmer:

langdon

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Pembrokeshire
  • The Happy Smallholder!
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2010, 07:12:53 pm »
he did, blimey!!!
Langdon ;)

langdon

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Pembrokeshire
  • The Happy Smallholder!
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2010, 07:33:43 pm »
 ;)
Langdon ;)

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2010, 07:37:44 pm »
I will tell you something else langdon you will learn far more on here than you did watching that program
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

CameronS

• Joined Aug 2009
  • North East Fife
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2010, 06:56:40 pm »
WHOOOOOO, my persiverance has payed off!!!!  ;D

Pigs may be back on track, as the space for the newest building needs cleared of all vegitation, if you follow my line of fire  :D

Ok, i understand it would only be a one off, but it will be an experience to remember

Farmer

• Joined May 2009
  • Sidway, Staffordshire
    • Farmeats.com
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2010, 07:21:38 pm »
So will the taste of the pork...go for it!

langdon

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Pembrokeshire
  • The Happy Smallholder!
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2010, 07:24:46 pm »
not sure about that!!!!! :D
Langdon ;)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2010, 09:29:06 pm »
Well done, Cameron, go for it.  You're a very level headed young man for 16!
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

marigold

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Kirriemuir Scotland
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2010, 09:41:10 pm »
Brilliant - go for it Cameron. I maybe 'the mum' but my family were definitely underwhelmed by the idea of pigs - except for my second daughter. But the pigs worked their magic themselves. The thin end of the wedge is a good way to start. :) :pig: :)
kirsty

Hellybee

• Joined Feb 2010
    • www.blaengwawrponies.co.uk
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2010, 09:56:25 pm »
I did enjoy watching it and found it inspiring sometimes, some of the people were i think very much getting into the groove of country life and routine. I think he did give some of them a kick up the arris but only when and for ones that needed a few home truths.  I thnk he was frank and passionate about it all.  RUns and hides :D

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2010, 08:36:05 am »
Tell you something Cameron.I have not seen any pig(s) that don't enjoy ploughing and if you leave them on the plot long enough there is no vegetation left.A tip fence all 4 sides they love seeing if they can dig through the pricklyest hedge into next doors rose garden.They don't seem to bother if its a rough old don't matter plot.Yet another true little tale The Pigs involved were large whites big sows and they were let out into the crew while the rails were replaced in their sty.Left to themselves all day When the lads went to put them back in the sty they had torn up a good half of the crewyard old fashioned concrete floor dam it ??? ??? ;D
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

CameronS

• Joined Aug 2009
  • North East Fife
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2010, 08:17:52 pm »
it dosn't matter if (when i get them) they break through the fencing, our land backs onto a 10acre field of permanant pasture, so there is nothing to harm, our nearest neighbours are half a mile away so don'tt think they will cause to much of a disturbance, half of the land is straight grass and the other is rough cooch grass and brambles etc, a general dumping ground.   ;D  i think the breed i will go for is Tamworths, as i have allways been drawn to the breed

Farmer

• Joined May 2009
  • Sidway, Staffordshire
    • Farmeats.com
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2010, 08:45:57 pm »
Be careful Cameron...Tamworths are notorious escapees...THEY WILL FIND AWAY OUT...and they are difficult to catch...if they take to the hoof you could lose them...seriously!

Try a lop eared breed...they are much calmer and less likely to take off...whichever you choose I'm sure you'll make a good herdsman.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS