Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Faggots  (Read 8853 times)

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
Re: Faggots
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2010, 09:54:42 pm »
any way W.P. what is Princess getting for lunch if your'e on faggots and peas?I made some grand 1/4lbers for our tea I made the meat into a ball then cut a 11/4"cub of strong cheddar and pushed it into the center of the ball of meat then pulled the meat back over and sealed the cheese  inside with a salad and chips smashin they were. :D :D :D :farmer: :wave:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

loosey

• Joined May 2010
  • Cornwall
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2010, 05:16:02 am »
That's right Wizard! He's a bit more into offal for me. He wil regularly roast up a couple of faggots when he's out on the road with work and take them along as his "meaty treats" (he believes all treats should be either meaty opr made of ice cream!) ::)

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2010, 08:10:59 am »
Ah ahh ahhh ! No not a Bisto kid a man of me own heart me thinks.What else is he inta Sex? I was,carried undreds of the buggers potatoes, pig meal, cattle nuts they alust used to be in 10 ston (140lbs) when I carried em!Chicken mash meal came in 1 cwts.Tell you sumatz else loosey watta is heavy if you carry two 5 gallon drums to fill the chicken drinkers when the huts have been towed out onto the stubbles so they could glean the dropped corn.My them were the days.6 weeks holidays Creosote the chicken huts with proper creosote the sort that burns your skin if you splashed some on your sen.Got paid 5 bob for doin one to the Mesters satisfaction Then if there was time left we did the net stakes. Then after harvest it was tattie picking and of course PIG KILLIN TIME soon as there was no R in the month.Folk round abt would start killin. We usually waited till October then it was like ive tode ya in Killing the pig 60 yr ago.Puttin it away day was alust roast spare ribs for dinner Not these s**t owlie things they have nowadays to put on yer barbie proper uns a foot long 11/2" wide wi plenty o meat left on.Then the day after when the lard had been rendered from the fat the scratchins were spread out to cool on a sheet a paper and a handfulla salt spread on em, proper pork scratchings all golden brown wi salt on in new bread sandwiches.Not this fried skin you have to pay a fortune for over the bar on Satdy nite.Pigs fry.Haslet,black puddn,faggots and proper sausages which were hung in the out house fer at least a week afor they were touched.Dad ustta mek em that bit longer than todays.His was long enough to reach across a slice a bread.The dint have to be 8 to a pound.So the fried sausage wa cut in half length ways and opund out and put on a slice wi some mustard on,the bread folded ow'er and we took two to school 1 fa break and one fa dinner.A triangular bag wot we made wi greaseproof paper wi some scratchins in while they lasted.Don't forget the modern deep freeze wasn't about like it is now any thing that need be kept was cured in salt.If W.P. sees this he will be droolin like I am thinkin about them times I will tell you properly now could you read my accent? ;D I shall go and see Wiz next week and see if I can get a kell fat and make some lard and scratchings also a stone of trimmings and make some sausages see if he has a pluck to spare I shall be well away then theres no R in May but I have deep freeze so it wont matter will it :wave: :D :farmer:
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 08:24:33 am by Wizard »
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

WinslowPorker

• Joined Mar 2010
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2010, 09:30:34 am »
i cnanot type because of teh dribbel...............  ;)

Marrowfat peas in cupboard, collecting live on friday so faggots for tea Friday night!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS