Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: What you lot doing here!!!  (Read 4336 times)

Hermit

• Joined Feb 2010
What you lot doing here!!!
« on: February 24, 2010, 09:37:15 pm »
My goodness , have been recommended to read this forum and what a lot of familiar names.Now where is that old Gizzard now?

dixie

• Joined Mar 2009
Re: What you lot doing here!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 09:41:35 pm »
Hello Hermit ;) oohh let me guess who told you where we are!! ;D

Hermit

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 09:52:42 pm »
You cant hide for long ;D

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 10:47:45 am »
Hello and welcome to TAS! Tell those of us who don't know you a bit about yourself.

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 11:33:56 am »
Hello hermit told em about boys and girls and electric fencers.Hope you and Grahame are both well Have you read some of the posts see no one cares if you wander off do they Rosemary I think Rosemary is one of the Gaffers and a jolly good one to No metch of certain things though.Am off to Pulmonary Rehab in a mo but did you find the Yell post? As Rosemary says tell the others who you are,tree huggin and the Fisherman he he he!XXX
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2010, 01:08:46 pm »
Hi Hermit, welcome.  Glad you found the best site on the web looking forward to hearing all about you.

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2010, 01:23:10 pm »
Hello hermit. George told me you were a lass in the tale of electric fencing. Looking forward to hearing more from you  :)

sandy

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2010, 02:21:47 pm »
Hello from Clackmannan :D Welcome to the forum, I sometimes put deliberate spelling mistakes in my posts...just for fun!!! :DIf you find them there may be a prize ::) ::)on seconds thoughts!no prize as I am far toooooooo poormean ;)

JulieS

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Devon - EX39 5RF
    • Ford Mill Farm
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2010, 02:38:00 pm »
Hello and welcome from sunny Devon  :)
Pedigree GOS Pigs and Butchery for Smallholders.

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2010, 04:22:08 pm »
Tek no notice of Sandy Hermit she suffers alzheimers but dont know it or pretends she don't Don't you Sandy Me to I'm the same when it suits me ;D ;D ;D :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

HappyHippy

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2010, 05:54:08 pm »
Hello from me too Hermit  ;D
Looking forward to hearing more from you
Karen x

Hermit

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2010, 06:28:22 pm »
Hi to all... A little bit about myself.
I am an owner/crofter of a little white croft at the head of SKELDA VOE in Shetland I produce chickens, turkeys, geese and sheep.I have twogoats one of which I milk the other is her kid to be mated next winter.I am totally self sufficient all year in veg, I have a 35' by 15' polytunnel and a large veg plot. We have a 22' fishing boat so are self sufficient in fish and shelfish. We barter for pork or sometimes we have kept weaners but they are too expensive to keep up here so let others do the work ;)But saying that pigs are on our plans for the future. My croft has just become a registered business and plan to provide veg, POL's, eggs, Turkeys and geeses for xmas and other produce. Some of which we do already. We have no illusions about how much money this croft can make but we aim to get it paying something towards its keep!! My other half works but we are lucky that he works when he has to and spends the rest of the time fishing ::) My son has left home and my daughter is just starting what southerners would call 6th form.  I do not keep Shitland ponies, never met a good one yet.

Hermit

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2010, 06:49:04 pm »
Hi wizard, tis meee!
 yes I did see the Shetland croft for sale ,looks a good buy for someone, although that coast is a bit bleak. The house looks like a project! But could be fantastic,not too far off the ferry either,good little shop at the ferry terminal. The road it is on is a fast road though, it is the speed folk travel at from the Yell Ferry to the Unst ferry that you have to be careful of there but it looks well back.Shetland folk say about Yell... You have to cross it to get to Unst. It has beautiful corners but otherwise flat and bleak. It is like the North York Moors surrounded by sea. I prefer cliffs and more rugged scenery. It looks an owned croft so no grants except insulation for three years.It is to stop folk doing them up on grants and then selling on, that was the way it was when we bought ours anyway. If you are a tenant crofter there are lots of grants but the loophole of your wife being the landlord has now closed! Sure it will be snapped up. Take care, hope your wife and family are OK.

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2010, 06:58:40 pm »
hello and welcome from Derbyshire, there are some  a few of us abit further south.... !
Little Blue

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2010, 09:28:30 pm »
Do you have Shetland sheep?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS