Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: trip advisor  (Read 2646 times)

Backinwellies

• Global Moderator
  • Joined Sep 2012
  • Llandeilo Carmarthenshire
    • Nantygroes
    • Facebook
trip advisor
« on: June 13, 2015, 09:24:35 am »
Has any one got a property up on trip advisor?    Am considering this for our holiday let but want to know any pitfalls.
Linda

Don't wrestle with pigs, they will love it and you will just get all muddy.

Let go of who you are and become who you are meant to be.

http://nantygroes.blogspot.co.uk/
www.nantygroes.co.uk
Nantygroes  facebook page

claire

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Falkirk
    • Clairesgarden
    • Facebook
Re: trip advisor
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2015, 01:14:54 pm »
I know someone who got a really bad review on trip advisor and you aren't able to delete it .. ever... and you aren't able to reply to put your opinion across.

Louise Gaunt

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2015, 01:27:57 pm »
We decided against trip advisor for the reasons Clare stated. If you get a bad review it is difficult to reply without looking as though you are making excuses, and you can't get rid of it either. And looking at some of the things people say, they like to make an anonymous complaint for the slightest things!

Kimbo

• Joined Feb 2015
  • Anglezarke, Lancashire
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2015, 08:15:16 pm »
I would advise against it. We never used it for our holiday cottage in Devon and it did us no harm. Its a bit like selling on eBay; one nutter writes a bad review and your reputation is shot
Is it time to retire yet?

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2015, 09:08:00 pm »
We've booked both cottages for our holiday through Tripadviser. As a purchaser, I take the odd bad review with a pinch of salt.

lord flynn

• Joined Mar 2012
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2015, 09:19:21 pm »
as a customer I take the silly reviews as silly reviews and do find it a useful resource. however, if you were to do it I would advise against answering bad reviews as it only makes people look defensive. I think that goes for any online business presence though, you need a thick skin!

hafod

• Joined Jan 2013
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2015, 11:17:11 pm »
we use it and have found it useful and a relatively low rate of commission compared to other sites. Everytime someone leaves you a review you have to verify that they have been a guest. Their review is then published and you have an option to respond if you need/want too.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS