Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Rare Breeds and me  (Read 1508 times)

Peter Howells

• Joined Jun 2015
Rare Breeds and me
« on: June 10, 2015, 07:18:40 am »
Hi my name is Peter Howells and I live in W.Norfolk. I have kept animals all my life. I love rare breed sheep and my latest project is to establish a good sized flock of both Boreray currently 10 breeding ewes-9 ewe lambs all being retained plus hopefully 5 more coming from Cheshire. I also keep N.Ronaldsays and a couple of Rough Fell. My only problem is finding someone to buy my excess ram lambs for a reasonable price!! Anyone local please get in touch

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: Rare Breeds and me
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 08:58:26 am »
Welcome and well done you for supporting these rare breeds.  :thumbsup: Is direct meat sales not an option for you either to individuals or a posh butcher?

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2015, 02:27:05 pm »
Have you approached your local Guild of Weavers, Spinners and Dyers and/or other spinning groups?  There may be folks there would take wether lambs on for a fleece and some meat ;)
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

mowhaugh

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Scottish Borders
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 08:22:11 pm »
hello!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS