Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: spelling  (Read 6525 times)

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
Re: spelling
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2010, 08:51:36 pm »
Im the same as Rosemary

I take it you mean I'm? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Wow, within 3 minutes!  First prize to you Annie!!   x

Little Blue

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2010, 09:08:27 pm »
My apologies - no offence intended. I was a proof reader in an earlier life for a time. ;)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2010, 09:16:52 pm »
It was a joke!  what sort of things did you proof read? Sounds good to me - as long as the taxts are interesting!
Little Blue

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2010, 09:29:46 pm »
You don't actually absorb what you are reading.  I was Company Accountant for a Printing Company and the Boss decided it was about time we had a proof reader. Since I was the only member of staff with a University education I was roped in - didn't get any extra pay though  ;)  So the stuff I was reading was very varied, but none of it actually went into my head!
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2010, 09:32:36 pm »
Proper punctuation is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack, off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.  ;)

sagehen

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Warwickshire
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2010, 09:33:36 pm »
*wipes tea off screen*  :o ;D ;D

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2010, 09:35:37 pm »
thank god it was just tea  !!!!!

cheers

Russ

sagehen

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Warwickshire
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2010, 09:42:32 pm »
EWW RUSS!!  :o :o What are you saying???  ;D ;D

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2010, 09:44:26 pm »
well it could have been COFFEE ....much harder to clean off !!!

cheers

Russ

sandy

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2010, 10:09:41 pm »
 ;D ;D, now thats very funny!!!!! I spell checked a report for Social Services once about a disabled young  boy, I did the sell check but it changed my poor spelling into other words, I said he was a well mannerd young boy and is taken to school in a large push chair BUT, it was changed to " He is a well manured young man who is taken to school in a posh chair"  :-[ see what I mean about spell checks?
My OH has dyslexia and he puts full stops, comers etc where they should not go, it can be very funny at times, he also misunderstands lot's of things far to numerous to post but the latest was when I wrote an advert saying how near we were to the power station, I said Approximately and he said, no, you cannot be that accurate!!! so he obviously thought the opposite to what it actually means......he always used to ask what he was on forms that said " what is our sexuality, heterosexual or other...OH never knows without asking!! (well maybe that says something!!) He also has to think and ask when on forms it says, "have you had any convictions etc?" he never knows whether to say, "yes, I have no convictions or No, I have no convictions" so see what I mean???? Friday we went to Tesco with one of our guests who was going to have a meal with us....my OH sometimes get a little paranoia re male guests and needs reassurance, anyway, the trolley was going wobbly so I asked my OH to push it and he said "your only showing off to John, walking without a trolley!!" we were all in stitches ;D ;DBless, he found it funny too!!!

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2010, 11:04:34 pm »
Looks like someones on the autism spectrum?

Do you mean me, Jackie? Oh, undoubtedly. I have to have the crockery in the right place in the pantry, with the cup handles pointing in the correct direction; my daughter has socks with days of the week on them and she HAS to have the correct pair on, I could go on.

There should be an apostrophe in "someone's" to indicate the missing "i"  ;D

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2010, 08:49:39 am »
Rosemary there is a story about an Irish site foreman who went inti John Lewis and bought a pair of silver wellies and had the girl paint a r for right and l for left When he got home he shouted Coleen come and look at these They're smart Murph whats the two walking sticks for why is one upside down? They're not walking sticks this on is r  and this one is l so I know I have them on the right feet.Thats clever.So thats what.     With out you're explicit permission I wont finish it and no its not got any GR type words in its the implication and word association oh dear! ;D ;D ;D :farmer:
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 08:51:14 am by Wizard »
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2010, 12:14:45 pm »
We are all good at something! I can spell and punctuate but, ask me to do sums, even easy ones and I'm flummoxed!

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2010, 02:11:20 pm »
Hello Sylvia Now theres a word I have not heard in the ages of a crow.How long is that? Don't know really but a good long time.Grannie Hammond always used it.To days equivalent? Gob smacked? You tell me ;D :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Dangermouse

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2010, 02:46:36 pm »
Rosemary there is a story about an Irish site foreman who went inti John Lewis and bought a pair of silver wellies and had the girl paint a r for right and l for left When he got home he shouted Coleen come and look at these They're smart Murph whats the two walking sticks for why is one upside down? They're not walking sticks this on is r  and this one is l so I know I have them on the right feet.Thats clever.So thats what.     With out you're explicit permission I wont finish it and no its not got any GR type words in its the implication and word association oh dear! ;D ;D ;D :farmer:

A buddy of mine is a Dyslexic Pimp, he was looking some new premise and ended up buying a warehouse  ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS