Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Name ideas for a kitten!  (Read 7240 times)

ellied

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Fife
    • Facebook
Re: Name ideas for a kitten!
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2015, 05:50:19 pm »
My cats have always named themselves by appearance, behaviour or early incidents..

First were Caile and Tasgaidh first was really girly and the second was a wee treasure crossed with a Tasmanian devil so she was Taz for short.

Then came Twiglet (skinny tortie with knobbly knees!), her sister Amber (larger version of tortie with an orange nose stripe and so slow as to be caught in resin forever), Jack Sparrow a big handsome black longhair with white bib and paws and a dashing pirate by habit and manner, and Merlin my gorgeous grey tabby magician who could appear from thin air and disappear at will.

Then came Twigs kitten Velvet, black with the most glorious coat texture.  And finally Echo, Amber's black daughter who was Velvet's shadow and very vocal.

Twigs, amber and echo are still here
Barleyfields Smallholding & Kirkcarrion Highland Ponies
https://www.facebook.com/kirkcarrionhighlands/
Ellie Douglas Therapist
https://www.facebook.com/Ellie-Douglas-Therapist-124792904635278/

nutterly_uts

• Joined Jul 2014
  • Jersey - for now :)
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2015, 10:19:35 pm »
I have a Mozart (picked at 2 weeks when I first saw pics) who is a massive (massive!) black smoke short hair boy  :love:, and his brother who started life as Beethoven but quickly became Loki as he was so naughty  :D He is a longhair tabby - still a big lad but not nearly has big as his brother :)

I also have their cousin Ellie who is a blue smoke tortie longhair, and who is known as Jelly-Cat (or Jelly-Belly now she's spayed!) and is often serenaded with slightly modified smelly cat lyrics (phoebe's song from friends) as she is a scruff bag :D  The ginger kitten she had I wanted to call Snickers but he ended up being a pampered stable cat and is known as Paddington :) (her other kittens were Jake & Elwood, Tigger and Peppa)

Kitchen Cottage

• Joined Oct 2012
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2015, 08:11:56 pm »
I have a Twinkle and a Jasper.  Both prenamed as I rehomed. 

I had a Macavity before he argued with a car and lost >:( and I'd like another Macavity.  It suits an outdoors cat :)

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2015, 11:47:25 pm »
It takes me ages to name my cats as I like to see what suits us both.
So far I've had a Lucky because she was brought in as a day old stray and my first ever hand rear, Secrets as she should have been euthanised but the owner didn't turn up to sign the agreement due to the horrific injuries she had sustained by nine weeks old! Frodo because as a family it was the only name we all agreed on, and finally little feral Lilly who was only being fostered six months ago but fits in so well she isn't going anywhere else ????

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2015, 12:14:27 am »
I wanted a black kitten, got a pair of black-and-white cats, named 'em Mix and Match.

Match was no match for the motorbike  :'( but Mix lived to a ripe age.

We shared a house with a chap named his kittens Staph and Strep, so when a scrawny stray appeared I named him Myc (O'Plasma.)  He turned out to be a marvellous gorgeous loving Maine Coon, unfortunately Match and he hated each other so I found him a wonderful home with someone who really loved him.  (And called him Mike.)

A visitor arrived with a ginger kitten out of the blue.  Tiger was too boring so I named him Trigger.  He was a lot of fun but got Key-Gaskell syndrome so I had to have him put out of his misery  :'(

Aynoch and Ayli (being Enoch and Eli, the heros of many a Black Country joke) followed, but traffic claimed them both.  :'( :'(

A friend wanted me to take her cat, who didn't seem to know his name was Merlin so I named him Hacker.  Sadly he and Mix never became friends.  Eventually the friend's circumstances changed and she asked for him back.  (And called him Merlin again.)

A new pair of kittens were named Farley and Brendon, after favourite places.  Brendon was shot dead aged 4.  :'(  When I could face getting a new cat, Jacob arrived.  (Farley's rusks and Jacob's Crackers ;) )  Jacob was shot too, but survived, and lived to a good age.

No cats now, have to cuddle other people's when I get a chance.  Like a grandma with no grandchildren  :D
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

sarab

• Joined Jun 2015
    • New Start, New Life in Bulgaria
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2015, 01:12:47 pm »
A kitten decided to live with us last year and when I saw him I named him Splash due to a streak of white along his ginger back.

I am usually in the camp of ít will find it's own name' but on this occasion it was just silly. Who on earth would name a cat Splash? It is now called a lot of names, Splash rarely. OH thinks Spud is good...my ideas are ruder.

Jukes Mum

• Joined Apr 2014
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2015, 04:25:08 pm »
Maude

I have a Maude- well that's the name on her insurance but we call her Mew.

I agree that you should meet her before naming her :-)
Don’t Monkey With Another Monkey’s Monkey

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2015, 04:28:19 pm »
Awww, Maude is lovely. We have a pig called Maude  ;D
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Jukes Mum

• Joined Apr 2014
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2015, 04:31:21 pm »
we keep her in a small box because she is very naughty  :roflanim:
Don’t Monkey With Another Monkey’s Monkey

Treud na Mara

• Joined Mar 2014
  • East Clyh, Caithness
  • Living the dream in Caithness
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2015, 09:24:02 pm »
BH calls my Siamese Exocet because of his heat seeking abilities !
With 1 Angora and now 6 pygmy goats, Jacob & Icelandic sheep, chooks, a cat and my very own Duracell bunny aka BH !

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS