Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hurry up Little Blue's pigs!!  (Read 2177 times)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Hurry up Little Blue's pigs!!
« on: February 13, 2010, 09:34:25 pm »
While discussing the problem of moving all my goats, I mentioned I would be getting pigs hopefully before too long.  Well, efficient animal health man has sent me a load of brochures on pigs and their movements, and what paperwork I need to keep etc. and my movement sheet.  So, I am all ready for my pigs now :D/

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
Re: Hurry up Little Blue's pigs!!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 08:24:58 am »
I'm getting very excited for you.   :pig: :D :pig: ;D

JulieS

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Devon - EX39 5RF
    • Ford Mill Farm
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 08:27:39 am »
Me too.   :pig: :love: :pig:
Pedigree GOS Pigs and Butchery for Smallholders.

langdon

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Pembrokeshire
  • The Happy Smallholder!
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 10:07:48 am »
they are fab little things to have around the place,
anyone who sees them wil love them,
happy pig keeping ;) :pig:
Langdon ;)

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 10:31:34 am »
I want some piggies! But I'm going to have to wait until the end of august! I bet you'll love them Roxy

Beth

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 04:10:54 pm »
I know, I know, I want them too!   But they're not even mated yet!  Patience, patience....
Little Blue

egglady

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2010, 09:22:47 pm »
we picked up our first two pigs at the weekend and they are sooo funny.  They make little grunting noises to each other all the time.  They 'escaped' their pen within the first hour of being here (our fault of course) and watching them running up the field was both hilarious and terrifying at the same time - especially when the horses charged at them!  All safely in their respective places now and peace has returned!

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2010, 09:41:22 pm »
 ;D
Little Blue

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2010, 09:46:06 pm »
The little pony and his mate (Bertie the sheep!) are sleeping in the pig sty at the moment, because Paddy the billy and Jasmine are next door in the stable.  Its a proper old fashioned pig sty, made of stone, with a little yard, complete with a big stone trough, and a hole in the wall with a pouring hole, for the slops they used to feed the pigs.  It did have a round stone wall, but we widened it and squared it off, to make the yard more useable.

Not sure what the neighbours will reckon to pigs - there is a house next door to the field and a barn conversion across the lane.  There again, they are used to the pony, sheep and goats, including smelly billy, so cannot see pigs affecting them any worse!!

My uncle and grand dad used to keep pigs in this sty.  In fact I am sure there is a pic of my auntie with one of their pigs, somewhere .......

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS