Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Heating oil rebate  (Read 7178 times)

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
Re: Heating oil rebate
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2023, 09:13:15 am »

with oil we have NO cap at all .... and we have to prepay when we buy .... so I grabbed half a tank in Oct at 95ppl   2 days later it was £110ppl   ......    it is a lottery and one which requires £100's pounds in advance

This is the problem - they don't come out and fill our tank for less than 1500ltrs... so that makes it incredibly difficult for people who do not have that kind of money in the bank...

AnnS

• Joined Aug 2011
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2023, 07:05:23 am »
I looked this up this morning as hadn’t heard of this and seems coal, biomass, lpg and oil users get this £200. Some info on Scottish Government site. Our coal has gone up to £34 for 50kg so this payment would be very welcome.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2023, 08:09:48 pm »
Martin Lewis just said that £200 has started to go out to those with oil or lpg heating
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Izzy

• Joined May 2009
  • Stirlingshire
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2023, 09:01:20 am »
Hi……I’ve done some googling on the Alternative Fuel Payment. The Scottish and UK government websites have some info. I have also found some info on the Scottish Power site and an article on the Daily Record’s page. Essentially if you don’t have gas and electric the £200 will be credited to your electric account this month. The only problem will be totally off grid households….I am not sure how they will be contacted. (I imagine local authorities will know who these people are…….surely reflected in their council tax band?)

I tried to use the SP chatbot but I couldn’t make it work…..but under the Help topic on the chatbot there was a piece on the AFP.

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2023, 08:24:38 pm »
Thank you Izzy.

I have just checked with my electricity supplier (website) and they now also state that it should be credited to my electricity account by the end of the month. I will check then.  :fc:

Izzy

• Joined May 2009
  • Stirlingshire
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2023, 05:44:28 am »
Guess what… Scottish Power have texted to say my £200 is on its way. Apparently it isn’t a credit to my electric bill but two hundred whole pounds in my bank account.

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2023, 08:30:42 am »
Guess what… Scottish Power have texted to say my £200 is on its way. Apparently it isn’t a credit to my electric bill but two hundred whole pounds in my bank account.

Thanks just checked with my electricity supplier and they have just credited 200 pounds to my electricity account... which doesn't really help me to buy oil, but hey ho...

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2023, 11:31:10 am »

Thanks just checked with my electricity supplier and they have just credited 200 pounds to my electricity account... which doesn't really help me to buy oil, but hey ho...
But it saves you paying for electricity so you could put it on a credit card and put the money you saved monthly into that
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Woodsmoke

• Joined Aug 2019
  • Forfar
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2023, 12:49:56 pm »
Our account was credited with £200 just this last week. We're on LPG for heating and hot water (although we have wood burners fitted now too). Didn't need to apply at all, it was automatically credited
A man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2023, 11:42:48 am »
Just got my £200 this week, we have oil heating and also a log burner.
Anne

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS