Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Communities fighting for their existance  (Read 206 times)

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
  • Kernow. Some like to think it's in England.
Communities fighting for their existance
« on: March 01, 2021, 08:17:36 pm »
Here's an example of a small community fighting to exist against external pressures:

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/cornish-fishing-community-cadgwith-rallies-5005731

Any others that folk might like to mention ?

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Communities fighting for their existance
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2021, 12:14:50 pm »
I've been watching the Cornish Fishing programmes.  It seems second homes pushing up prices happens in most of the villages down here, but it's rife all over beautiful areas of the UK including Scotland
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
  • Kernow. Some like to think it's in England.
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2021, 04:18:51 pm »
I've been watching the Cornish Fishing programmes.  It seems second homes pushing up prices happens in most of the villages down here, but it's rife all over beautiful areas of the UK including Scotland

and needs to be contained/controlled in some way so that local folk do not end up having to resort (the way the world is going) to Airb&b just to have a roof over their heads !!??  ???   >:(

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2021, 03:42:51 pm »
I'm not sure when the episode I watched recently was aired but they spoke about a consortium buying up some old properties near the harbour that were to be modernised for fishermen
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2021. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS