Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Was it a bird? Was it a plane?  (Read 7227 times)

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
Re: Was it a bird? Was it a plane?
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2015, 09:23:14 am »
Do you make your own wine :-J

:roflanim: Not nowadays, it's Asda cheapo and only occasionally!!

Steph Hen

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Angus Scotland.
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2015, 09:23:44 am »
Friend of my mum a few years ago phoned up in the early hours in a RIGHT state. "There's lights in the sky! I don't know what's happening! UFOs? ! No, nothing like fireworks.

No she hadn't been drinking. But was properly wound up. My mum drove over, by this time the lights had moved off  :innocent:

But, being determined to show my mum that she wasn't mad, she said where they seemed to have gone to, so they drove off in the direction she suggested...

Then mum saw it too. Swirling lights, different colours, and as they got closer, looked like shapes, or birds, witches, something, flying in about them..? What the hell was this?

...drove closer still, cars stopped at the side of the road, people watching what was going on!
They were stopped by a guys in yellow jackets. Was this really some government coverup? Other cars parked up, people standing and watching what was happening.
Turned out they were filming a episode of Dr. Who.  :D
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 09:25:36 am by Steph Hen »

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2015, 10:24:27 pm »
The new Star Wars trailer is out - where was it being filmed  :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim:
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

cloddopper

• Joined Jun 2013
  • South Wales .Carmarthenshire. SA18
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2015, 11:21:05 pm »
Could it be someone out a long way away on a hillside with a rifle /shotgun with sound moderator fitted and a lamping  lamp  or rifle mounted spot light . In the same vein a motorbike on a hill road?

One thing we do occasionally get is space craft debris burning up real bright as it comes in through the atmosphere ..much slower than a shooting star and much whiter as it is aluminium alloys etc not iron .
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 11:25:29 pm by cloddopper »
Strong belief , triggers the mind to find the way ... Dyslexia just makes it that bit more amusing & interesting

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2015, 11:24:28 pm »
Possibly a drone .
'They' are watching ! lol .

renee

• Joined Jan 2013
  • jämtland
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2015, 05:38:44 am »

Kitchen Cottage

• Joined Oct 2012
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2015, 07:31:17 am »
It's not a UFO story but, 7 years ago, when I moved into my 16 century cottage.... every night as I walked into the bedroom I would hear a man sighing  behind me.... just at that point, never any other time.

The house had been there 4 centuries, it had seen more lives that I could dream of...... and so it went on, my ghostly man following me into my bedroom..... UNTIL

DA DA DAAAAA!!!
I realised that I brush my teeth and go to the loo before I go to bed and there was a airlock in the loo that sounded just like a man sighing!
 ;)

Hevxxx99

• Joined Sep 2012
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2015, 10:36:19 pm »
Firefly?

nimbusllama

• Joined Nov 2010
  • Near Mansfield, Nottinghamshire
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2015, 10:48:06 pm »
Meteorite?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS