Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: What happens to Hep P after 10 hours?  (Read 19933 times)

Jukes Mum

• Joined Apr 2014
  • North Yorkshire
Re: What happens to Hep P after 10 hours?
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2015, 08:24:31 am »
the one on the 9th of May could work. Would you like me to buy it?
Don’t Monkey With Another Monkey’s Monkey

Buffy the eggs layer

• Joined Jun 2010
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2015, 08:26:20 am »
No you can have it but I will need your cph number for my animal meds book.

Jukes Mum

• Joined Apr 2014
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2015, 12:36:01 pm »
sorry, I meant did you want me to go out and purchase the new bottle. If you are going to get it then I will certainly pay my share  :)
I'll PM you my CPH, but what do you need it for?
Don’t Monkey With Another Monkey’s Monkey

Buffy the eggs layer

• Joined Jun 2010
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2015, 01:05:17 pm »
No I have a new bottle in the fridge that I bought last week. On your medicines record paperwork that you require for Defra you are asked to record how much of a product you used and what you did with the remaining doses. If you gave it to the vet to dispose of or just tipped it into the neighbors coi pond, you know like us irresponsible townie smallholders might do. :innocent:

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2015, 03:31:15 pm »

Ah, Buffy. I never thought about the koi pond. I read instead on an internet forum that it was just like water after 24 hours, so I just drank the rest of the bottle myself  :-J .

I ll say it again, it's inexpensive, even with a small flock it's less than a pound a head.

Except with a really small flock, it isn't really.

We have ten sheep - six on Heptavac,  two on ovivac and two not known, bought at auction.

So this year we're looking at one bottle for the annual booster, a second as a follow-up jab for the ones not already on hep-p, and then two bottles four weeks apart for our 11 lambs. So just like Devonlad, our bill this year will be just over a hundred quid. That makes it either £10 or £4.75 a head depending on how you look at it.

No wonder folks want to keep it in the fridge eh?
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

Buffy the eggs layer

• Joined Jun 2010
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2015, 03:57:58 pm »
Haha, :innocent:

womble dont make me laugh you will bring on another coughing fit! Yeah following the rules is a funny thing. The part on the disposal column of the meds form for stating where you disposed of it isn't quite big enough for your logical decision.

I dont know about all this meds stuff but I do know that Im the kind of person who seems to come unstuck if I dont follow the code. I dont overdose my stock, I observe withdrawal periods, lock poisons away etc but I'm sure I that feeding my newly hatched chicks boiled egg from the kitchen where raw meat may lurk means I am breaking the law even though my hens dont wind up in the food chain.

We have to try our best.......

Hellybee

• Joined Feb 2010
    • www.blaengwawrponies.co.uk
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2015, 05:02:37 pm »
I now agree dear after hearing about two bottle over two doses most going waster x

EP90

• Joined Jan 2013
  • Ireland
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2015, 03:41:05 pm »
For us very small smallholders there is a requirement for 20ml bottles (at an appropriate price!  )  May even increase sales by persuading the 50ml. people not to hang onto an opened bottle and even persuade those that don’t bother at all that 20ml. is an economic solution.

Foobar

• Joined Mar 2012
  • South Wales
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2015, 03:55:19 pm »
For us very small smallholders there is a requirement for 20ml bottles (at an appropriate price!  )  May even increase sales by persuading the 50ml. people not to hang onto an opened bottle and even persuade those that don’t bother at all that 20ml. is an economic solution.
I did contact the Hep P manufacturers (Intervet) and said just that a few years ago, but they said: "Whilst we appreciate that it can be inconvenient and costly for small flock owners to purchase more product than is necessary, investigations by our Production Department have found that it is not economically viable to produce smaller vials so unfortunately this is not an option for us."  :(

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2015, 04:47:17 pm »
mis
"Whilst we appreciate that it can be inconvenient and costly for small flock owners to purchase more product than is necessary, investigations by our Production Department have found that we have you over a barrel and know you'll have to buy the 50ml bottle anyway."

There. I've fixed that for you Foobar ;) .
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

EP90

• Joined Jan 2013
  • Ireland
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2015, 04:50:03 pm »
Thanks for the info., just hope they don’t do away with the 50ml. in an economy drive.

Foobar

• Joined Mar 2012
  • South Wales
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2015, 04:57:37 pm »

There. I've fixed that for you Foobar ;) .
hahaha :)  love it!

You have to admit though the 50ml bottles aren't exactly large are they - you can imagine that it would probably cost about the same to produce a 20ml bottle in manufacturing terms, and thus the price we pay for a smaller bottle would be the same as the 50ml one.  If you look at it that way then you feel better about chucking away half a 50ml bottle :).

Me

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Wild West
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2015, 04:58:03 pm »
Buy more sheep  :thumbsup:

Buffy the eggs layer

• Joined Jun 2010
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2015, 09:29:54 pm »
I do know plenty of breeders that dont vax so I suppose ya pays ya money, ya takes ya choice. Or should that be ya takes ya choice whether ya pays ya money.......?

Advertisement

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS