Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: House / Farm Sitter  (Read 22665 times)

ccantsdam

• Joined Nov 2007
House / Farm Sitter
« on: November 10, 2007, 01:20:21 pm »
Hi,

I have been looking through yell.com and other web search engines, but feel that the good old 'word of mouth' system may be the solution to my query.......

Anyone know of somebody in the Fife area who does house/small holding visits to cover for holidays?

I have 2 dogs, 2 pygmy goats, 2-3 dozen Brown Leghorns and 31 pigs that need feeding/watering twice per day on the rare ocassions i take a break away.  However, we would always try to reduce the chicken numbers to around 10 and the pigs to 6-8 while we were away (Normally winter time).  (Pigs would be pregnant, but NOT close to farrowing and would be brought inside to a loose barn/straw filled system before we left). 

Any ideas anyone?

Kind regards and thanks for help,

Andrew.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: House / Farm Sitter
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2007, 03:22:24 pm »
A mate of mine runs a company called Safepaws www.safepaws.co.uk - they do dogs, cats and other pets and Shirley looked after my horse. Some of the folk that work for her are veterinary nurses so the stock would be in good hands.

Alternatively, another friend of mine who lives near Saline might be able to help - she's game for mose things and might welcome the experience. She has sheep, pigs, dogs and hens of her own.

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 03:11:51 pm »
As soon as am up and driving i don't mind 'pet/house sitting' in the local area. Just can't look after snakes  hehe
Can do anything else.
Linz

swavgav

• Joined Jan 2008
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 02:52:31 pm »
Hey, i can put you in contact with reputable house pet sitter who would be able to also look after the livestock and poultry.
please sent me PM for more details

Gav

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 02:58:16 pm »
hiya just to let you now am able to drive place's now.
I don't have any qualifications in 'house sitting' but I have looked after many animals.
Linz

Ayeskint

• Joined Feb 2008
  • Fife, Central Scotland
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 10:09:22 pm »
Hello there, sorry for the long delay not on very often these days.  Too much to do.  We live in Fife and have a smallholding (hens/ducks/pigs/sheep/bees), we also do some dog fostering.  I have done some farmsitting in the past and ,may be able to help out on a relief/swap basis if you weren't too far away.  If you want to give me an email we could see if there are any opportunities.....................

Formal farm sitting can be very expensive.

thanks
Carol

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS