Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: totally fed up!  (Read 7358 times)

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
totally fed up!
« on: March 16, 2015, 10:36:44 am »
I planned to to go to one of the SRDP roadshows but with one thing and another we never got there so booked a meeting at my area office (65 miles away) to see about registering the holding, looking at funding, grants etc.

Today I received an email from the area office informing me that as the croft is registered in my husbands name, only he can register and apply for anything. I actually already knew this, and as suggested by someone on here recently, I emailed him (nicely  :innocent: ) asking him if he would consider transferring the tenancy to one of our sons. No reply of course, no surprise there!!

Point is I would really have liked to sit down with someone and see if there was anything at all I could apply for, a sympathetic ear even.....but NO, it's not your croft so we're not interested in helping  :'(
keeper of goats, sheep, pigs, ducks, chickens, turkeys, dogs, cats, goldfish and children, just don't ask me which is the most work!

Treud na Mara

• Joined Mar 2014
  • East Clyh, Caithness
  • Living the dream in Caithness
Re: totally fed up!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 05:48:02 pm »
It would make a lesser soul turn to forgery  :innocent:
With 1 Angora and now 6 pygmy goats, Jacob & Icelandic sheep, chooks, a cat and my very own Duracell bunny aka BH !

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 05:49:48 pm »
How frustrating  :rant:

I know thsi has been discussed before but surely the Crofting Commision should be acting on this.

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 06:01:49 pm »
i have a crowbar if you know his address....   

good luck!!!

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2015, 06:17:01 pm »
ha ha thats cheered me right up.  ;D

the only way the CC will do anything is if the landlord aka Assynt Crofters Trust, raise the issue directly as apparently they can fast track the system but then himself could decide to assign to someone else totally. The ACT have been great, they would reassign it to me without question so maybe thats the way I have to go to force the issue  ???

the CC have told me that they have plans to do anything as they have a backlog to deal with and this croft is waaaaay down their list.

TBH the biggest thing that winds me up is that since he left he has built a house in the Philippines for himself and his new family  :innocent: but thinks he can still keep this little patch to sell for house sites
keeper of goats, sheep, pigs, ducks, chickens, turkeys, dogs, cats, goldfish and children, just don't ask me which is the most work!

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2015, 07:25:10 pm »
Hard decision on whether to push it or not. Is he bad enough to reassign it elsewhere to spite you and his children?

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2015, 07:34:37 pm »
hell yes, he would do anything to spite me, so pointless but there ya go

He did offer to reassign it to the boys when the eldest was 18 but he's changed his mind, won't even respond or acknowledge my requests for him to grow a pair and do the right thing  >:(

ACT reckon they could possibly block any plans he has to assign it to someone else but thats the kind of stuff I need to know for sure before we start pushing his buttons, the CC have been so unhelpful, their only advice was either ask him nicely (which I tried) or make it part of our divorce settlement. He won't even respond to my solicitor's letters regarding a divorce  ::)

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2015, 09:24:12 am »
Presumably at some point you don't need his co-operation for a divorce?

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2015, 09:40:46 am »
when there's property i.e. marital home and children involved its not so straight forward.
my solicitors advice was why was to let him do the paperwork, why put myself through the hassle?

knowing him as I do, I suspect that he's not worried about a divorce because then the mother of his latest offspring will then be wanting a big white dress  ::)

he's already left me with an £85,000 debt to sort out (or the house gets repossesed) and 3 boys to bring up without financial help, the croft is probably pretty low down on his list.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2015, 12:41:07 pm »
How much is a hit man?

verdifish

• Joined Jan 2013
  • banffshire
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2015, 01:33:42 pm »
Isn't your hubby out in dubai ? Coz if so I have some very persuasive friends out there !????

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2015, 02:09:55 pm »
ha ha yes he is, I can't afford a hit man though unless I explain to the mortgage people that the I need the money for something else  :innocent:

Crikey, just hope the cyber police ain't reading this  :o

Clansman

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Ayrshire
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2015, 02:57:38 pm »
of course they are!  ;D

Ghdp

• Joined Aug 2014
  • Conwy
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2015, 06:56:12 pm »
Joking apart some of the comments above are not a good idea!!!
On a serious note FRH is there any help you could get from The Free legal Services Unit which is an organisation established by the Scottish Bar to provide free legal help when it is needed and cannot be got elsewhere?
I am not sure how the system works but you need to be referred. Google 'Pro Bono Scottish Advocates' or the 'Free Legal Services Unit in  Edinburgh'. That should get you a link. You may find that your solicitor can help. Sorry if this proves to be a dead end but thought I should flag it up.
Good luck.

Ghdp

• Joined Aug 2014
  • Conwy
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2015, 06:57:53 pm »
Found a telephone number 0131 260 5689

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS