Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Harness  (Read 5730 times)

Bex

• Joined Aug 2014
  • Wales
Re: Harness
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2015, 05:03:34 pm »
Just to clarify, my girls very rarely pull I just prefer a harness.

I 'free range' them as much as possible so they are actually not on a lead very often at all. I've never seen the point of walking dogs around on a lead - though I do see the point of them being trained to behave on a lead when needs be.

They're generally in the back of the car to the beach then allowed to run free, or on a lead to cross the road and then free to run in the fields.

A harness just means I can grab them sharpish if another, unfriendly, dog turns up all of a sudden.

:)
Little bugs have lesser bugs upon their backs to bite 'em. And lesser bugs have lesser bugs and so ad infinitum!

Baois Glas

• Joined Jun 2014
  • Ireland
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2015, 08:08:36 pm »
The Julius k9 harnesses are fab for that, that's what I use mine for (although rarely use them since I moved here).

What breeds are your dogs?  I find the IDC model slightly better for the deep chested breeds, I've used the standard type on my 2 (Julius K9 and Doxlock) and just found the strap sat a high high on them, was find on my Collie and Springer though. 
How many acres how much light
Tucked in the woods and out of sight
Talk to the neighbours and tip my cap
On a little road barely on the map

Bex

• Joined Aug 2014
  • Wales
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2015, 04:51:41 pm »
They are both GSD/Rottie. Quite deep chested, so I'll have a look at the IDC model, thanks.

:)
Little bugs have lesser bugs upon their backs to bite 'em. And lesser bugs have lesser bugs and so ad infinitum!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS