Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: sorry about this..... Tagging question but very brief  (Read 2484 times)

Hillview Farm

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Surrey
  • Proud owner of sheep and Llamas!
sorry about this..... Tagging question but very brief
« on: February 11, 2015, 06:55:38 pm »
One of my bought in pedigree ewes has lost a tag and it has her pedigree number and code on it. Am I allowed to order a replica? Not sure if I'm allowed to order it as it has someone else's Flock number.

And another of my lambs from last year has lost his shearwell breeding tag. Am I correct in thinking they offer Free replacements?

Thanks  ;D

shep53

• Joined Jan 2011
  • Dumfries & Galloway
Re: sorry about this..... Tagging question but very brief
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 07:37:41 pm »
Yes you can order a duplicate           for free replacements you needed to have purchased 200 pairs of  EID  tags

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 12:09:59 am »
for free replacements you needed to have purchased 200 pairs of  EID  tags

and not chosen the 15% discount (or it may have been 10%, I can't remember now) instead.  We lose very few of their tags, so took the discount ;)
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 06:54:44 am »
Yes for pedigree animals you can order replica tags - I have done so from Shearwell for both my goats (regularly) and sheep (as bought in ewes always seem to loose one or both of their tags, but the ones I insert stay in!).

Just make sure your numbers are correct - they will check against the DEFRA database - one of my pedigree certificates had the wrong flock number on it and the DEFRA lady had her knickers in a mighty twist... several phone calls later it was resolved (and I got a new pedigree certificate :))

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS