Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Easycare Sheep - opinions requested  (Read 10935 times)

happyharry

• Joined Jun 2014
Re: Easycare Sheep - opinions requested
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2015, 08:18:39 pm »
Thanks Tim

That's appreciated and reassuring.

langfauld easycare

• Joined Apr 2012
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2015, 08:54:49 pm »
Grazing + hay will be plenty . By April the spring grass will appear and they will flush through nicely in time for lambing

Only give them hard food if you want to use it as bait so you can move/catch/handle them

I've got 1000 on nothing but grass all year and I guarantee yours have more grass ahead of them than mine
:wave: i agree with above , to be feeding them as described would totaly do away with the point of these . i would give them some minerals or if really worried you could give them a feed block .
welcome to the club  :thumbsup: :sheep: :sheep: :sheep:

happyharry

• Joined Jun 2014
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2015, 10:18:51 pm »
Grazing + hay will be plenty . By April the spring grass will appear and they will flush through nicely in time for lambing

Only give them hard food if you want to use it as bait so you can move/catch/handle them

I've got 1000 on nothing but grass all year and I guarantee yours have more grass ahead of them than mine
:wave: i agree with above , to be feeding them as described would totaly do away with the point of these . i would give them some minerals or if really worried you could give them a feed block .
welcome to the club  :thumbsup: :sheep: :sheep: :sheep:
Many thanks. I'm now doubly reassured.
Yes, I put a molassed sheep mineral bucket in with them a week ago,but they haven't touched it. Also thought I'd throw in a few spare sugar beet ( chopped up) that we had but,again, they haven't given them a sniff. Seem content enough so I'm now going to relax and wait for April lambing
Thanks for your advice

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS