Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Game  (Read 2541 times)

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
Game
« on: January 16, 2010, 02:13:35 pm »
Just had the Game Keeper to see us He brought us (all oven ready) 1 cock fezi 1 hen fezi a brace of partridge 2 stockies a rabbit and a frozen pack of a dozen fezi breasts.So joint the rabbit and put in me Dutch oven along with one of the stockies and a partridge and 4 fezi breasts A good sliced onion and a bouquet garni with a couple of bits of celery.Cook well but slow oven until the meat falls off the bone (3hrs) Get my pate tin and make a random layer of meats sprinkle with salt and pepper and a tbl/spn of brandy repeat until the pate tin is full.Get a cup full of the stock and reduce it by half then pour over the pate Put back in a slow oven for half an hour to allow the pate to perkle Take the tin out and put a wooden board which I have which is slightly smaller than the pate tin and place a brick on top of the board turn out tomorrow leave to cool and set 2 or 3 days Ace with crusty new bread or a green salad  :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Game
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 02:18:29 pm »
Yum yum
That sounds absolutely delicious.  One question - what are stockies?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
Re: Game
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 08:02:26 pm »
Hello Doganjoe It is a North Lincolnshire word for Wood pigeon and Stockdoves Ferrel's on the rape that get in the way of some of an ounce and a sixteenth of No 6 also comes in the band Should one be wearing a ring its married as well as ded lol GeorgeXXX
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS