Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: wool?  (Read 3081 times)

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
wool?
« on: January 07, 2015, 10:46:07 am »
Ok so I have a few bits of fleece with the inner fleece, almost like bits of a pelt, but not quite. I was gonna make a cushion cover, like they do in new Zealand stuffed with lambs wool, shop bought of course, only problem is what material cover should I use?
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Re: wool?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2015, 11:46:41 am »
Interesting plan, wbf, although you could probably stuff it with any (clean) fleece, I'd have thought?

You'd do better posting this in Crafts, I think.  (Thanks for moving it, bloomer  :thumbsup:)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 03:40:49 pm by SallyintNorth »
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 08:50:20 pm »
I would use something very tightly woven for the inner case, assuming you are going to put a cover over it. Sheeting would do.

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2015, 11:22:53 pm »
I would use something very tightly woven for the inner case, assuming you are going to put a cover over it. Sheeting would do.

.....or half a pillow case so you only have one edge to sew.   A good recycling idea for the outer cover could be an old patterned sweater, felted a bit in the washing machine so it doesn't unravel, then cut and sewn to size - the height of fashion  :D
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2015, 01:11:41 am »
I love that idea, FW.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS