Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: SS&GF Garden, Craft and Food Steward wanted  (Read 6089 times)

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
SS&GF Garden, Craft and Food Steward wanted
« on: January 04, 2015, 04:39:32 pm »
As some of you will know, Dan and I are involved in the organisation of the Scottish Smallholder and Grower Festival. The Festival is actually run by Smallholder Events (Scotland) Ltd, a not for profit company.

We need a new Steward for the Garden, Craft and Food part of the Festival; Karen McKay (happyhippy), who's done the job since the first Festival, has "retired" to focus on other things.

The Festival has a growing Garden, Craft and Food competition plus commercial stands; we've always had a number of demos of crafts as well and we think there's significant mileage in the G,C&F area that we're not yet covering.

We have links with the local SWRI, who help out with judges and stewards for the competition on the day. You would be responsible for developing the schedule of classes, appointing judges and stewards, seeking sponsorship for the various competition sections and the organisation on the day before and on the day. Plus you'd be responsible for seeking out potential speakers / demonstrators, organising their input on the day, writing text for the website and press releases and helping to publicise the event in the craft world.

Karen's build a really solid foundation but it's there to be developed.

If you are interested, PM me for more details / discussion. It's basically a volunteer role but you do get expenses.

HappyHippy

Re: SS&GF Garden, Craft and Food Steward wanted
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 06:02:03 pm »
I'm more than happy to help the new steward with advice if needed - just don't have enough time to give the role the attention it deserves (and anyone who knows me knows I don't like doing half a job  ::) )

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: SS&GF Garden, Craft and Food Steward wanted
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2015, 02:12:05 pm »
Just bumping this up - not been killed in the rush so far :innocent:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS