Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: update my new gimmer  (Read 2956 times)

beagh-suffolks

• Joined Oct 2014
update my new gimmer
« on: November 22, 2014, 03:15:07 pm »
she has now had to be induced due to much fluid in both her abdomen and with the lambs, shes got a real nasty wheasy breathing and the odd cough, i am hoping all the lambs and she will be ok..the vet was out an has gave me stuff to give her for the next two days
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 09:25:46 pm by beagh-suffolks »

Me

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Wild West
Re: my new gimmer
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 03:32:33 pm »
Either the Pedigree certificate will stretch your creative writing skills or it will be born when its meant to so don't worry too much!

Other less likely options include impending doom (abortion - but they tend not udder up as much as you describe) and mastitis.

Ladygrey

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Basingstoke
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 04:04:23 pm »
I bought two in lamb yearlings in October, they are due first of january and they are already starting to bag up

It might just be she is milky and is bagging up early

My Texel/Mules always bag up early, they start around 4-5 weeks pre lambing

beagh-suffolks

• Joined Oct 2014
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2014, 04:22:38 pm »
I bought two in lamb yearlings in October, they are due first of january and they are already starting to bag up

It might just be she is milky and is bagging up early

My Texel/Mules always bag up early, they start around 4-5 weeks pre lambing

we are on the same boat then..thats grand..just making sure

Ladygrey

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Basingstoke
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2014, 04:40:49 pm »

Im hoping for the single to be a nice ram lamb  :thumbsup:  but of course it would never happen the way I would like it to be  ::)

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2014, 05:21:36 pm »
One of my first-kidders last year bagged up 2 months before due - so much so that I thought the AI had worked after all, (it hadn't - she kidded on the expected date and had a huge udder).

However if you can I would keep an eye on the udder and maybe put my hand on it every few days - they can get too full and develop mastitis.

beagh-suffolks

• Joined Oct 2014
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2014, 05:37:55 pm »

Im hoping for the single to be a nice ram lamb  :thumbsup:  but of course it would never happen the way I would like it to be  ::)

all my pedigrees had ram lambs last year :/ i need ewe lambs

sarahdean_66

• Joined May 2012
  • Yelling Cambridgeshire
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2014, 06:28:48 pm »
My big udderd ewe bags up about 4weeks before. She's a Shetland.

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2014, 07:03:50 pm »

I had a buffalo who I wanted to give a heifer and she did, I suppose its 50/50 chance you never know what it'll be till its born. I can guarantee though that over half of the my ewes produce ewe lambs and not very many ram lambs, excellent if you want to increase the flock, but bad if you need a lot of ram lambs to sell. ::)
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS