Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Simple Willow Weaving  (Read 1677 times)

HesterF

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Kent
  • HesterF
Simple Willow Weaving
« on: November 14, 2014, 06:45:41 pm »
I've been working on a school garden project and we've trying to come up with some simple projects that each class can do. The older ones have been making chicken wire sculptures to grow ivy over and the suggestion was to do some simple willow weaving for some of the younger ones. I've seen some brilliant butterflies and snails which look like they should be doable with a little adult guidance but I can't find any on-line instructions. Many companies make money running workshops which I get for more complex items but we can't justify spending school budget on this and I'm sure it's not rocket science. Does anybody know where I can get some simple instructions? Otherwise I'll just have to give it a go (we have copious willow) but I do like to have some instructions to hand!

Thanks!

clydesdaleclopper

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Aberdeenshire
Re: Simple Willow Weaving
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 04:07:56 pm »
See if your library has the book "Cane Rush and Willow" by Burns as there are a few things in there that would be okay for kids to make.
Our holding has Anglo Nubian and British Toggenburg goats, Gotland sheep, Franconian Geese, Blue Swedish ducks, a whole load of mongrel hens and two semi-feral children.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS