Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hello from us!!  (Read 9442 times)

pigsatlesrues

• Joined Oct 2008
  • Normandy, France
Re: Hello from us!!
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2008, 10:51:39 pm »
My goodness, no matter how many posts I read on here. there is always someone else to admire.  I love the smallholding life as hard as it can be sometimes. but the self sufficient lives that some of the members on TAS live really does leave me in aw and admiration.

Well done you and the others that live the self sufficient life.  I love reading how you all do it so keep the posts coming.

By the way, Tammys I love/ GOS I am falling in love with, so you are ok with me!

Kate  :pig: :pig:
Bonjour et avoir un bon jour !

resistance is fertile

• Joined Apr 2008
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2008, 09:58:54 am »
Thanks for the messages!

I just try to remember that the universe isnt complete yet, and its what we do that dictates how it ends up!

life can be hard, but ive never heard of any real reward that doesnt need a bit of graft,

All the best from all at Quiet Waters.

Pebbles

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Central Scotland
    • Ardunan Farm
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2008, 08:13:36 am »
Hi Reststance is Fertile!

Welcome and...wow! I'm just catching up today as I have been so busy lately and I am amazed by what you have achieved - must be so satisfying! Do post some more detailed messages on how you have achieved all of this under some of the other Topics. I know many of us (us in particular) would like to do as you've done to some degree, but it just seems so technical.

Well done!

Pebbles

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2008, 10:01:07 am »
Hi Pebbles.

Missed you! How's the lambing gone - and the pig AI?

Pebbles

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Central Scotland
    • Ardunan Farm
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2008, 12:06:27 am »
Hey Rosemary

Its been hectic to say the least - I could probably now write a book on the horrors of having sheep!!! Lambing is now over - well as over as it can be with two orphaned lambs at home! Joy.  :D

The AI has had to be postponed as there is nowhere (and I mean nowhere - tried everyone!) in the UK that supplies Oxford S&B semen. They have been provisionally booked in for a shagtastic three weeks in July with Bidgiemire Pigs and DearPark (who seem to supply every other breed of AI equipment) have assured me they'll have Oxford S&B for our next mating season. So the champagne is back in the cupboard, the latex gloves packed away and the video camera charging again......it WILL happen, I'm on a mission now!!!  :P

Let us know if you hear of any other chicken sales in the near future, we're ready to buy. Hope to see you soon.

Pebbles   ;)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS