Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: smallholding opportunity in N/E Fife  (Read 9274 times)

vandamiam

• Joined Mar 2009
smallholding opportunity in N/E Fife
« on: December 27, 2009, 10:53:01 am »
Hi All Hope you all had a good Christmas
Ive just come across this piece of land for sale. Its in N/E Fife. Its 33 acres with planning to convert a bothy to dwelling. Its on at £175,000, however I cant afford that much, but i desperately would like 15 acres of it, I am wanting to follow the plans in the book "field to farm". So that would leave nearly 20 acres and a dwelling for the main purchaser. So if anybody has more christmas vouchers than they need and fancy the idea please get back and ill share the details with you.

Croftgary

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Aberdour,Fife
Re: smallholding opportunity in N/E Fife
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 01:44:46 pm »
Hi is this the property near Cupar way!,if it is it only has outline permission and you need to keep to the footprint of the bothy. There are full details if you look up perth planning on line with the ref given by the seller.

http://www.bradburne.co.uk/single_property/67

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009, 03:14:16 pm »
Bet the ground's wet too! ;D ;D ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

vandamiam

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2009, 07:03:20 pm »
Hi yes it is that plot.
Yes it does have outline permission but its for "incorporation of existing building to form new dwelling" a previouse application was refused because they applied for something nearing 5 or 6 times the floor area maybe more because it was a two storey. The ground is naturally wet at the very bottom of the hill this is why it was a good spot for a curling pond but modern drainage techniques have all but returned it to soft ground. There is a well on the property too. The land rises away to the road and on a walk around seems well drained and has been in production. P.S its not mine but i would love a piece.

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 09:15:35 am »
Sorry for showing my ignorance but what is a curling pond?

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2009, 11:16:47 am »
It's a frozen area of water on which the sport of curling takes place. Normally, ice rinks are used but in certain conditions, it can take place outside. There's a name for it when it takes place outside but I can't remember.

You may recall that the UK (Scottish) ladies won curling gold at the winter Olympics in Canada a few years ago (I think that's correct). It's a bit like bowling on ice.

A new telly programme - Celebrity Bowling on Ice?

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2009, 12:12:34 pm »
I watched the curling Olympics that year.  Loved it.  Thanks for explaining.

Andrew

• Joined Dec 2007
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2009, 12:19:05 pm »
Rosemary I think the word you are looking for is Bonspiel. I took my dad to the last one on the Lake of Menteith and all I remember was that huge quantities of whisky were consumed.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2009, 02:54:07 pm »
That's the word! I've seen photos of it on the Lake of Menteith. I suspect for many it's a social occasion.

cmorrell

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Kirkintilloch, NE of Glasgow
    • Calum Morrell Photography
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2009, 04:32:37 pm »
A new telly programme - Celebrity Bowling on Ice?

If I'm allowed to use a nailgun to attach a handle to a celebrity and then throw them over some ice, you can count me in!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2009, 07:05:10 pm »
Thinking outside the box again are we?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

cmorrell

• Joined Jan 2009
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2009, 10:34:37 pm »
It's a lovely box, panels made from black iroko with leather hinges. Oiled wood, not varnished, of course.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2009, 10:50:51 am »
It's a lovely box, panels made from black iroko with leather hinges. Oiled wood, not varnished, of course.
Can I borrow it for these pups (which you haven't seen yet) as they have wrecked four cardboard boxes so far.  They need something to sleep in but they also see it as a toy! ;D ;D

cmorrell

• Joined Jan 2009
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2009, 01:44:54 pm »
It's winter tree festival time.. of course the cardbox box is the toy!

I'm sure the weather will improve quickly enough for me to see the pups before they leave, although I've just been told of more blizzards Livingston way :|

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2009, 02:12:21 pm »
More blizzards everywhere I believe - for the next 10 days.  Two pups going on Sunday provided their owners make it up here,and the other two going on the 9th.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS