Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Smallholding photography project is go (almost)  (Read 6255 times)

cmorrell

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Kirkintilloch, NE of Glasgow
    • Calum Morrell Photography
Smallholding photography project is go (almost)
« on: December 21, 2009, 02:35:10 pm »
As an update to the post I made last week and a brief announcement at the CSSA AGM, I have received enough general interest to go ahead with the project and spent some time over the weekend putting a website together to get things moving.

The very short recap for anyone who doesn't have a clue what I'm on about. Through 2010 I want to visit a number of smallholders, from back garden enthusiasts to those acting commercially, several times each with a view to capturing photographs which show the true lives of a smallholder in centralish Scotland.

Could anyone who has an interest in participating in the project, even if you've already told me, visit the following link, read the blurb if you're bored enough and submit your details through the Participation Form linked from the left menu.

http://otherlives.calummorrell.com/smallholding

While I'm not expecting anyone to up for this option, weather permitting, I would like to begin during the last couple of hours of Hogmany so I am capturing the very start of 2010 and then end the project in similar fashion in the very early hours of 1st Jan 2010. If anyone is willing to have me present at either of those points, please mention it in the general text box on the form.

marigold

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Kirriemuir Scotland
Re: Smallholding photography project is go (almost)
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 01:28:51 am »
Nice website
I have filled in a form - sounds like a great project
kirsty

cmorrell

• Joined Jan 2009
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 01:35:17 am »
Thanks Kirsty (and others)!  ;D

Still looking for more participants so don't be shy or think your set up is no use to me. If you're interested in taking part, fill in a form and I'll get in touch  :)

cmorrell

• Joined Jan 2009
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2009, 01:02:03 am »
Just thought I'd mention I now have enough people at different levels of smallholding willing to help me with this project to make it viable and all but two sets of people have completed the participation form. That doesn't mean I wouldn't welcome anyone else thinking about it!

For those of you who have completed the participation form, THANK YOU! I'll be delighted to work with each of you and will be getting in touch over the next week or so. I'm a big wuss though, so unlikely to be driving out to meet any of you until the weather has improved a bit  ;D

Happy winter tree festival everyone  :love:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2009, 02:58:34 pm »
Calum, I haven't bothered doing a form but I assumed you'd ask me if you need my input.  By the way, don't bother coming to see either my pups or Sandy's in the next day or so - snow has started again.  Donald left here this morning at 11 for Paisley and the M8 was down to one lane and the Renfrew Road dual carriageway is getting snowed up.  D}
Sarah said it's snowing centre Stirling too and our bridge is banking up as I write.  Hope it clears for New Year as two of the pups are going on the 3rd.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

cmorrell

• Joined Jan 2009
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2009, 04:09:50 pm »
Annie, I've been shying away from asking people directly as it could be a little bit intrusive at times and I don't want anyone to feel awkward about saying they don't want to take part. But if you're interested and willing to put up with me, I'd love it if you would participate. The form just lets me collect everyone's data in one place which makes it far easier for me to maintain records and not miss people etc.

It's been snowing here as well. Our almost clear roads very quickly snowed over and I'm staying firmly indoors.. until I run out of flour, enough for another three loaves so about a week worth.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2009, 06:04:59 pm »
I've recently been interviewed by ITV for a programme about the night running of the coal trains and they ran a webcam overnight in my bedroom (I moved to the spare for the night  ;))  Nothing could be more intrusive than that although they were all lovely people - a team of 4 including two reporters and two cameramen/girls for 24 hours.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

cmorrell

• Joined Jan 2009
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2009, 08:11:17 pm »
Then by all means, complete a form and let me annoy you through the year, Annie!  ;D

Also .. wow .. got got a signup by someone with 117 acres .. the range of participants I have, from small to large, is incredible  ;D

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2009, 08:33:45 pm »
Then by all means, complete a form and let me annoy you through the year, Annie!  ;D

Also .. wow .. got got a signup by someone with 117 acres .. the range of participants I have, from small to large, is incredible  ;D

You wouldn't want my little place I don't think.  All I have is a few hens and ducks and one raised bed for my veg!

cmorrell

• Joined Jan 2009
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2009, 08:47:27 pm »
That would only make you the second smallest person in the project!

erm

Smallest smallholding, I mean. I haven't asked for people's heights...

sandy

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2009, 09:12:37 pm »
So who is the smallest then???? We are far too busy doing the B&B stuff most of the time, I would love to spend more time outdoors but it takes me till it's nearly dark to do indorrs when we have guests......
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 09:14:11 pm by sandy »

cmorrell

• Joined Jan 2009
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2009, 09:20:46 pm »
Sandy, they're on this forum and well enough known I believe .. but I'm choosing not to list the people involved until I've had direct contact with everyone. I hope the suspense doesn't cause you too many sleepless nights  ;)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2009, 09:29:59 pm »
Well I may qualify after all - I think I may be about to take up bee-keeping.  Sarah and Duncan won a silent auction at church for a short bee-keeping course and four wheel drive off-roading  as well.  Sarah mentioned just a few minutes ago about seeing the gentleman next week about it.  Rob is going to have a look at my garden soon to decide the best place for a beehive.

sandy

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2009, 09:39:10 pm »
So birds and bees aye :love: Hope you do, we would like Bees but not practicle at all.......Honey,  :D
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 09:49:35 pm by sandy »

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2010, 05:32:59 pm »
Wonder where our resident photographer has got to?  Out taking photos in this lovely weather no doubt :).  I only have my mobile and a cam corder, but the mobile is quite good with Carl Zeiss optics and Tessar 2.8/5.6 autofocus whatever that means ::)  It is a 5 megapixel thingy so the photo quality is pretty good. I rarely use my camcorder these days as the mobile can take short video clips.  What does everyone else use?  Remember we'll be looking for photos for the CSSA calendar for 2011.  Can't leave it all to Calum! ;D ;)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS