Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: It's Wovember!  (Read 2680 times)

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
It's Wovember!
« on: November 04, 2014, 08:03:18 pm »
It's Wovember!

Wear wool!  Spin, knit, card, felt, weave... WOOL!

Also on Ravelry, Facebook and Twitter

And for anyone concerned that Wovember and Movember can't co-exist, Sue Blacker has come up with the perfect solution :)
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Re: It's Wovember!
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 11:46:17 pm »
I'm felting for all I'm worth. My daughter is having some craft stalls, selling handmade cards and decorations, in the run up to Christmas and has asked me for some needle-felted items. I've made several tooth fairy hangings and am now busy making tree decorations. Hope they all sell or my tree will be over crowded.

BALLOCH

• Joined Jul 2011
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 09:04:35 pm »
ive been needle felting santas snowmen,reindeer and robins too !time for the xmas wreaths tho so needs must the woollies will have to wait

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2014, 12:45:21 am »
I've just received three willow wreaths that I ordered from Amazon and I've started to make holly leaves to decorate them. I think I'll do a Christmas rose as well. I've also got polystyrene balls to felt into baubles. Not as easy as it looked on YouTube.

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2014, 08:30:32 am »
been reading the wovember site, learning lots to support daughter as she gets interested in spinning etc...

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2014, 05:35:09 pm »
I didn't realise there was a website. Just been on it.  :D

FiB

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Bala, North Wales
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2014, 08:12:30 pm »
Still trying to wrestle with learning to make socks... I WILL wear my own sheep socks one day! Great share :-)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2014, 11:41:08 pm »
I've got the hang of making the baubles. I needle felt them onto the polystyrene balls just enough to keep the wool in place, then wet felt them until the felt is firm then, for good measure, they go in the washing machine but only on 30C.

Steph Hen

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Angus Scotland.
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2014, 05:12:19 pm »
I have no idea about weaving, but Have had a go at sewing - I bought men's sweaters second hand, gave them a hot wash and made the CUTEST baby boy trousers ever! Will make the next size up when get the chance! I love wearing a wool jumper, I want my baby to be warm  but not sweaty in the cold weather too!

??? Does anywhere sell wool baby clothes at reasonable prices? Will have a look and see if I can get some inspiration!

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2014, 06:47:39 pm »
If you can knit :knit:, knit some baby clothes from a wool yarn of your choice.  Baby clothes are great fun to knit - they are so wee, they take no time to make!  :D
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS