Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Home bred proud sale  (Read 5771 times)

Hellybee

• Joined Feb 2010
    • www.blaengwawrponies.co.uk
Home bred proud sale
« on: October 18, 2014, 11:34:18 am »
I know it's several weeks ago now but I wanted to report on our great sale of our home bred gelding Blaengwawr Colorado at this years wpcs/brightwells fayre oaks sale.

There was much interest outside the ring from  a line of producers to private homes and he even had a little queue waiting at his pen on arrival.  We prepared the ponies ready at the stables prior to entering the sale pens and I must say he looked a million bucks.

Due to my lateness of doing paperwork we had a very late lot on the Sunday afternoon, but that did not seem to bother the interested parties.
We had a reserve of 750 on him for the sale as you have to be realistic, if he d sold for that any ne of the top dogs would ve had him but he just went up and up....a little...  He was knocked down to a lovely family from the midlands for the grand sum of 2000 gns

His sale was the highest price B gelding in the day sales only to be surpassed by waxwing Archimedes who sold in the high flyer evening on Saturday night.  He s also in the top 30 of all sales out of 500 odd ponies.  Thrilled to bits to have achieved that with our lovely boy.  I look forward to seeing him out in the showring in the next season or two.

We also sold a section A mare but a very true to current market prices, she was nt in the same league as Colorado, but a very quiet genuine mare, she had one bid for 250. To people I know from back down in the south Wales valleys, so I know she will be loved. I don't think they could quite believe that they had her at that price.  I liked the pony but for me she just want good enough for my Section A herd.  We had to be realistic and there's always the choice  to withdraw, but I knew them and so it was meant to be. 

A classic sale I thought, quality sold well, the market spoke, can't remember the average but it was up on last year.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 11:41:39 am by Hellybee »

Hellybee

• Joined Feb 2010
Re: Home bred proud sale
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 11:51:13 am »
Next year I will be taking some geldings, again for the ridden job, bred to perform they re beautifully bred and well put together and got such lovely temperaments, even though we ve not cut them yet.  I don't breed to sell, but gelding s are always marked to fly the nest at some point, they're job is to go forward and fly the welsh flag! The sale is also our little shop window, I don't get out much showing so its the only way people get to see a taste of what we got at home. 

The odd mare will leave if I don't think she s got the goods, but that's quite rare. I also have a colt foal quietly for sale but if he stays that s ok but he s such a chirpy confident little chap, I know he would be lots of fun in the showring.

trish.farm

• Joined Feb 2014
  • hampshire
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 06:48:27 pm »
Huge congrats on your gelding sale!!  :trophy: :thumbsup:

That is an impressive sale so must have been a very impressive pony!  Just love B's, recently sold a Sec B x riding pony who i used to drive, cracking little pony with a huge attitude!  Gutted he had to go but he needed to go on and have some fun under saddle.

Do you have a website for you ponys?

Hellybee

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 07:10:47 pm »
Thank you Trish, well we thought he would sell pretty well, we thought 13-1400 so to get the 2 K was pretty shocking!

He s a diddy B by Russetwood elation and out of a Bonaparte mare, herself a daughter of the late great CV Louisianna. 

They're so brave and athletic aren't they, I bet your B x Rp is a right performer.

I m crossing B mares with our A stallion Heartsease next year to breed SHP, FRs, exiting times.

Our website is http://www.blaengwawrponies.co.uk/

It desperately needs updatingx

« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 07:14:21 pm by Hellybee »

honeyend

• Joined Oct 2011
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2014, 11:56:11 pm »
Well done. I was looking at the Cob sales FB page and there seemed some good prices.

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2014, 10:14:29 pm »
Well done, love welshies, we have a sec D and a sec A. :horse: :horse:
Anne

white-blazes

• Joined Apr 2011
  • Anglesey
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2014, 10:03:29 am »
Well done on your sale.  I always had D's, but mainly bought at weaning.

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2014, 07:36:16 pm »
Good results on the sale of your Welsh, looks like prices are on the up.

Hellybee

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2014, 06:37:13 pm »
Thank you girls :).  Had some nice news about Colin, he's been backed and is going sweet as a nut and they re very happy with him, we also had a mention in the sales report :) x

Hellybee

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2015, 09:17:23 pm »
Little update,  Colin went to his first show on the weekend,  well he went just to have a little hack round to get familiar with it all and he was so cool, he was plaited up and put in  the 12 hh Shp fr , he duly one and went mini champion. 

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2015, 01:19:53 am »
How fab is that  :thumbsup:

Hellybee

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2015, 09:46:48 am »
They reckon he's been here before, I've always said that, he was a foal that just took to being led and handled with no tantrums he just did it, his father gives him that wonderful temperament.   They call him adorable, that just makes me wanna burst ha x

Kimbo

• Joined Feb 2015
  • Anglezarke, Lancashire
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2015, 04:04:04 pm »
"Colin" !!! Love it
Is it time to retire yet?

Hellybee

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2015, 09:07:53 am »
Yes he had to be a Colin!   And when they bought him at the sale the grandma said we have to call him Colin and I said ooh that's great cos thats his name.or collywobbles i would sometimes call him lol x

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS