Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Pressure Canning in the UK  (Read 47212 times)

samd

• Joined May 2015
Re: Pressure Canning in the UK
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2015, 09:38:32 am »
Hi Clodhopper,

Many thanks for the reply to my message. It is very generous of you to share your knowledge when you are going through such a lot. Wishing you a very speedy recovery.

How do I get in contact with you other than by posting messages? My email is on my profile.

All the best,

samd

SallyAnn

• Joined Apr 2022
All American Pressure Canner - EU/UK Supplier?
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2022, 10:10:33 am »
Hello everyone,
Newbie here!
I'm living in the SW of France, and desperately trying to import an All American pressure canner but having no luck so far. A lot of US suppliers are out of stock, or trying to sell pressure COOKERS as CANNERS (gr...be careful! https://allamericanpressurecookercanner.blogspot.com/2011/07/all-american-pressure-canner-and-cooker.html), and/or do not ship internationally. Does anyone know of a reliable supplier in Europe/the UK or abroad, willing to ship over here?  I see from an outdated thread that Hero Member Cloddoper is lucky enought to own one! I would be very grateful for any tips! Thanks in advance

chrismahon

• Joined Dec 2011
  • Gascony, France
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2022, 11:46:37 am »
Be careful about importing anything from outside the EU [member=215694]SallyAnn[/member] , because we were whacked with an invoice for import duty after delivery which amounted to nearly the original price of the UK item. Good luck finding your canner. Our friends here put their produce in Kilner jars, which are sold just about everywhere- supermarkets, DIY stores and garden centres.

SallyAnn

• Joined Apr 2022
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2022, 08:47:55 am »
Thanks for your response [member=23925]chrismahon[/member]. I am able to get le parfait jars here for water bath canning but was looking to get the All American pressure canner in order to can guaranteed botulism-free meat, stocks etc. that dont require any refrigeration. and yes, sadly im aware it would incur a huge import tax fee! Perhaps [member=10966]clodhopper[/member] knows a supplier (see my previous post). Many thanks

chrismahon

• Joined Dec 2011
  • Gascony, France
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2022, 09:20:47 am »
The alternative to importing it [member=215694]SallyAnn[/member] is to get it delivered to someone in the UK who drives over to your area. They would have to remove all the packaging so it doesn't appear brand new. Would you have to import the tins as well?

Happylife

• Joined Jun 2022
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2022, 10:34:10 am »
Hello
Does anyone know where you can buy an AllAmerican pressure canner in the UK? Are there other makes that have a metal to metal seal?
Clodooper...please could you tell us where you got yours ?

Thank you :sunshine:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS