Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Worm Resistance  (Read 2438 times)

Hugo

• Joined Feb 2014
Worm Resistance
« on: October 03, 2014, 12:46:05 pm »
I am doing a project for school as part of my A levels and am doing it on worm resistance on sheep. I have looked at the SCOPS website but was wondering if anybody knows anything about it or knows of any other websites. It would also be great if you could tell how you treat for worms and deal with resistance in your flocks.

Thank you.

Tim W

• Joined Aug 2013
Re: Worm Resistance
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 07:28:57 pm »
Worm resistance or wormer resistance?

Been breeding for worm resistance for a number of years here, taking individual FEC from lambs (300+/year) producing and using EBV's

It works but is a slow process

Hugo

• Joined Feb 2014
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 08:11:12 pm »
Hi Tim,

I am wanting to look at both worm resistance and wormer resistance. Were are you based at it would be great to come and talk to you about it if that is okay with you. As I am really interest in it as on all the farms i have worked on this has been the key problem. As think your method is the future to fight worm resistance.

Thank you,

lord flynn

• Joined Mar 2012
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, 09:10:25 pm »
have a look on the Moredun Research Institute site :)

farmvet

• Joined Feb 2014
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2014, 10:52:37 pm »
Nadis also has some good information. Why not have a chat with your local farm vet? They'll be able to answer all your questions & discuss the local risks & problems. They would probably show you how they do egg counts as well. Your welcome to pm me any specific questions you get stuck with

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS