Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Recommend a decent mincing machine please!  (Read 14616 times)

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
Re: Recommend a decent mincing machine please!
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2010, 03:27:31 pm »
Hello Kirsten I am Kenwood Chefs biggest supporter I currently have a Chef EXCEL its a good tool.Before this when we lived at the farm we minced and made 136lbs of sausage from one of our pigs.We removed and made two hams and two shoulders.Other than the offal we made all the rest into sausages.With a 902 Chef and mincer/stuffer.When it got warm we stopped and had a cup pa.These folk who tell me do it with a man propelled one hasn't done any quantity.10lbs yes 10 stones I don't believe not these days lol You need a man outta tree to wind it that much.I have all the Chef attachments bar the pasta makers I HATE pizza and pasta I eat macaroni cheese for supper though.George :farmer:
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 03:29:10 pm by Wizard »
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Kirsten

• Joined Jan 2010
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2010, 03:38:54 pm »
I have all the Chef attachments bar the pasta makers I HATE pizza and pasta I eat macaroni cheese for supper though.George :farmer:
George you don't know what you're missing with the homemade pasta.  It is lovely and cooks in about a minute and.....brilliant for maccy cheese!  I have almost everything for my Kenwood.  In fact, I have 2 Kenwoods.  One is was my mothers that she bought when she got married in 1954!  It is still going strong though does now have a bit of a funny smell when it is used for any lengh of time LOL!

Birdie Wife

• Joined Oct 2008
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2010, 11:40:53 am »
Hello Kirsten I am Kenwood Chefs biggest supporter I currently have a Chef EXCEL its a good tool.Before this when we lived at the farm we minced and made 136lbs of sausage from one of our pigs.We removed and made two hams and two shoulders.Other than the offal we made all the rest into sausages.With a 902 Chef and mincer/stuffer.When it got warm we stopped and had a cup pa.These folk who tell me do it with a man propelled one hasn't done any quantity.10lbs yes 10 stones I don't believe not these days lol You need a man outta tree to wind it that much.I have all the Chef attachments bar the pasta makers I HATE pizza and pasta I eat macaroni cheese for supper though.George :farmer:

ROFL good thing my hubbie's a TREE SURGEON then!!  ;D ;D

(though I have been thinking about getting a pasta maker recently - never thought I'd get much use from one but having fresh pasta in the freezer seems more appealling now!)

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2010, 05:06:21 pm »
I see there is a large Kinrick Hand wound Mincer on Ebay now Its big and will last a lifetime.But as I have already said they need a lot of turning. :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

mr.pitt

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Humberside
  • Im 24 and have been a butcher since leaving school
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2010, 12:25:48 am »
if your mincer is struggling your blades maybe blunt and need sharpening, there are companys that cann do this. Also if it struggles with connective tissue and sinue try a coarser mincer plate.

Also may sound silly but the mincer i used to use at work if you hadnt tightened the assembly up properly (the worm, blade and mincer plate etc...) it would clog and come through as mush.

Hope this helps

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2010, 08:08:01 am »
Another tip look if you have put the cutting side of the blade next to the plate I know there are some blades that cut both side but there are some that don't it turns every thing to paste given time.I know I'm not that silly but I've done it and wondered what the L is up wi it nah ??? ;D :farmer:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS