Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: MICRO/MINI POT BELLIED/PET PIGS FOR SALE - THE FAMOUS "LITTLE PIGS".....  (Read 9555 times)

littlepigfarm

• Joined May 2009
  • Cambridgeshire
OUR FAMOUS "LITTLE PIGS" SEEN ON NEWS AT TEN, THE TODAY SHOW - USA, ABC NEWS , SKY TV, REUTERS, LIVE FROM STUDIO FIVE, ANGLIA NEWS, MARKET KITCHEN,IN THE DAILY MAIL,MAIL ON SUNDAY, THE TIMES, GUARDIAN, INDEPENDANT, THE SUN, EVENING STANDARD, DAILY EXPRESS, SUNDAY TIMES STYLE MAGAZINE, HELLO, WOMAN'S OWN, LOVE IT MAGAZINE, YOUR'S MAGAZINE, COUNTRY SMALLHOLDING, SMALLHOLDER and WORLDWIDE TV, RADIO & PRESS INC PEOPLE MAGAZINE!

Easy to keep- very low maintenance and extremely intelligent!!! No allergies with pigs. I have all ages and sizes from £500 each- Piglets being born EVERY month. BE VERY CAREFUL OF THESE £200 MICRO PIG ADDS - ONLY BUY FROM A REPUTABLE BREEDER. All vet checked/inoculated/microchipped - very friendly absolutely love human contact -They will grow to aprx 16" about knee height. Smaller ones avaliable - please email through website for full info. You must have a CPH from the rural payment agency and access to outside space. DEFRA approved for delivery countrywide. Located in cambridgeshire -www.littlepigfarm.co.uk

:pig: :pig: :pig:

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
Re: MICRO/MINI POT BELLIED/PET PIGS FOR SALE - THE FAMOUS "LITTLE PIGS".....
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 11:37:00 am »
Would you send me more details, please?

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 04:18:39 pm »
How big do they grow to?

shetlandpaul

• Joined Oct 2008
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 10:06:58 pm »
check the river cottage forum under pigs before dealing with.

shetlandpaul

• Joined Oct 2008
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2009, 10:26:58 pm »
i said check the forum. i nether implied or infered that the goods that you offer are of an inferior quality or standard. if you have something to hide thats your problem. by the way its only worth suing if the person has something . your really do need to change your attitude people will think your selling dodgy goods.

shetlandpaul

• Joined Oct 2008
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2009, 10:40:44 pm »

The BKKPS Statement on ‘Mini’ or ‘Micro’ pigs

With the current climate of media attention and ever growing popularity for pet pigs advertised as mini, micro, miniature and teacup pigs, the BKKPS committee has prepared this statement to clear up confusion and help educate prospective pig owners in their search for pet pigs.

As a society we are regularly contacted by people who have bought a 'tiny' pig, that has grown to an unexpected size.

There is no breed of pig called the mini, micro, miniature or teacup pig.

These words can conjure an incorrect image in the minds of those who are not familiar with the sizes of pig breeds.

The smallest breed of domesticated pig in the world is the Kunekune. However, it is not the size of the kunekune breed that makes it most suitable as a pet - it is the personality, temperament and ease of management honed over hundreds of years and countless generations.

There are varying sizes of Kunekune across the breed and indeed at times one sees very large Kunes as well as some slightly smaller ones. The breed standard states that Kunekunes should measure between 24 and 30” at the shoulder at full grown. Full grown height is not usually reached until the pig is at least two years of age.

Kunekune piglets are very tiny at birth and are still very tiny when weaned and this may be misleading to a novice pig keeper. The ‘runt’ or the tiny pig of the litter who does not do as well as the others will eventually reach the same size as his siblings, albeit, he may take longer to reach that size. Similarly mating 2 runts together may result in smaller piglets at birth, but these piglets are just as likely to grow to their full genetic potential as others.

Pigs that are the result of cross-breeding programmes have not been classed as a breed as they do not have a documented lineage controlling the pedigree bloodline. As a result of this genetic make up, pigs bred in this way will not breed ‘true’ to a type and therefore cannot be guaranteed to grow to, or stay at a particular size or type. Any individual pig may contain stronger physical and behavioural characteristics from their mixed heritage resulting in unexpected characteristics or growth patterns that may not be exhibited at birth.

We as a society, do not agree with keeping pigs as house pets, as it clearly states in the guide to keeping Kunekunes on this website that a minimum of half an acre of grazing is required for two pigs and that pigs should be kept in groups of two or more as they are a herd animal.
If you are searching for a pet pig a responsible breeder will always be happy to show you all their stock and answer questions before taking deposits. Do not assume that a pig photographed at just a few days old will remain small after two or three years.

Use common sense, ask questions, ask for details of other pigs sold by the breeder in order that you may see the ‘finished product’, and above all, consider the long term commitment and responsibility of owning pigs.

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2009, 11:44:30 am »
What sort of carcasse size do they make? ;)

ukag0972

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Argyll
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2009, 02:57:32 pm »
Without posting my opinion of these"mini pigs", which I don't find very cute, and wholehartedly agree with the BKKPS, I would however say that I would sleep well too if I sold a mongrel pig for upwards of £500!!

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2009, 10:57:27 am »
When he came he was smaller than the cat .......  4 months old in this picture   ...... and growing

shetlandpaul

• Joined Oct 2008
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2009, 11:17:25 am »
you either have a very bad tea habbit or a very big handbag.

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2009, 02:03:34 pm »
Well I do like my tea ....!!! 

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2009, 04:14:27 pm »
So do pigs not poop if they are in the house then?  Can they be house-trained like puppies?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

shetlandpaul

• Joined Oct 2008
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2009, 04:37:18 pm »
not forgeting the farts. and the pigs ones are bad to.

ukag0972

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Argyll
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2009, 05:06:14 pm »
Do they not poo in the cat litter trays, seen they're Alledgedly that small!!!
Oooo piggy farts in the house! I suppose it saves the dog from being blamed!!

HappyHippy

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2009, 05:53:21 pm »
OMG ! There's no way I'd have them in the house (just my opinion though ;)) no matter how small they were  ;D But I believe it is possible to train them to go outside Annie, just like a dog, mine certainly never messed inside their house.
I remember not long after getting our 2 weaners, we went out for the day and came home to find that they'd escaped their fence and somehow managed to shut themselves in our kitchen with the 2 dogs, my kitchen was a hot, steamy, smelly mess ! LOL! It took a pressure washer and bucket loads of bleach to get it sorted out  :o :o :o ::)
To me though, mini-pigs ARE very cute - would I have some ? NO WAY, just too expensive, I'm not into fashion accesories and not enough eating on them  ;)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS