Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: green peace - really  (Read 9549 times)

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
  • WARNING,,,MAY SAY WHAT HE BELIEVES
    • Facebook
Re: green peace - really
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2014, 11:29:25 am »
whether you think its daft or not, its still  hypocritical….. if you believe in a cause, you should believe in it 100 percent, especially when taking action….i never said stop protesting… i have no problems with people protesting at all…. protesting and actively acting is two different things, i also didn't say, you had to like the laws…thats why i mentioned we have the VOTE… to change…..

most of us are now , through education, are doing our bit, recycling, cutting down, using solar panels, etc etc ..things are actually changing…but these things take time…i honestly think that act was pathetic, and no way do i support  that type of action….if a group jumped on your livestock trailer and released the cows, sheep whatever…you would be livid, yet your fine when it comes to other peoples property…. i find that daft.

there isn't a 1/4 of the coal being used now…..so things are progressing…and here is the flip side to that coin..look how maggie was portrayed ,when she closed the remaining coal mines….. ….. not so long ago, many on here in a different subject , slated that woman for closing all the mines and making people redundant …..now your saying these people who are trying to ban the use of coal should be supported…… thats proper daft  ;D

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2014, 12:05:38 pm »
if you believe in a cause, you should believe in it 100 percent

I'm far too old to think I know everything ;)

IMO, a lot of the intractable issues are intractable precisely because people get stuck in these intransigent positions.  It's always best when there is understanding both ways, don't you think?

Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2014, 12:51:23 pm »
 ;D this is great debate

if you had read what i wrote, sally, i did actually say, i admire their views,  but not their actions,

so i do understand, but can't agree..with the actual actions

for 1 minute…just think of the train driver…he didn't know who was boarding the train, for all he knew, it could have been supporters of isis….or any other group…who is to say, that the incident, never harmed him,
they trespassed on to the lines, …..i can see what many would say if it was kids, what would have happened, if the train hadn't stopped. and maybe, just maybe, the big stuffed polar bear had hit one of the protesters, possibly killing him / her…..

i do feel all of your passions,  but as i said earlier, i can actually see change happening, and it simply can't be done overnight… china, would be another issue  ;D

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2014, 01:34:48 pm »
if you had read what i wrote, sally,

I did, john.

I may not have completely understood what you wrote, and/or I may have interpreted it differently to how you meant it to be interpreted.

I *know* you have read this post of mine, reminding myself how uncertain is the interpretation of the written word... ;)
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2014, 01:57:47 pm »
that is the problem with the written word... ;D
plus, i am a right grouch today…the stitching is rubbing against my eye, my little dog is in having his gonads snipped… the bloody solicitor hasn't given me the completion price, which i need got transferred…..

so a good dose of putting the worlds to right has done me the world of good  ;D

and can you all stop bloody winking ….i feel your taking the michael  ;) ;D ;D

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2014, 02:17:07 pm »
 ;)

Just sayin'  ;D
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2014, 02:27:32 pm »
that is the problem with the written word... ;D
plus, i am a right grouch today…the stitching is rubbing against my eye, my little dog is in having his gonads snipped… the bloody solicitor hasn't given me the completion price, which i need got transferred…..

so a good dose of putting the worlds to right has done me the world of good  ;D

and can you all stop bloody winking ….i feel your taking the michael  ;) ;D ;D

lol  :D

I'd send you a hug but I think you're the type prefers a bit of ribbing more.

So here's some of that:

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2014, 03:09:28 pm »
even a moody old git like me enjoys a hug….now and then, not to often though..i don't want to become to soft  ;D ;D

knit one pearl two…cast off  ;D thats all i would hear my dear old nan say  ;D

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2014, 03:17:08 pm »
well some good news, kai has had the op, and doing well…. :thumbsup:

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2014, 05:01:43 pm »
 :hug: !

And just in case that makes you soft,  :P as well  ;)

paddy1200

• Joined Dec 2013
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2014, 08:25:18 pm »
I can see what they are trying to achieve and wish them well.
As i see it unless people stop objecting to alternative/renewable energy sources (nimby's) we are going to continue energy production in the old way.
I have heard several people supporting wind farms for energy but they don't want them where they can see them.

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2014, 08:38:22 pm »
We had the Farmers' Wildlife Advisory Group respresentative walk the farm to tell us what we had on it.  Inventory included 17 Small Leaved Limes, estimated to be around 1200 years old.  These no longer germinate naturally in this country as they need warmer weather.  So these trees would have germinated naturally when the Romans were occupying the UK.  Hmm, I find it difficult to believe that the Romans had a significant carbon footprint .....

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2014, 12:46:59 am »
Every so often I get the opportunity to use the word 'specious' and am duly grateful  ;D

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2014, 06:58:41 am »
I can see what they are trying to achieve and wish them well.
As i see it unless people stop objecting to alternative/renewable energy sources (nimby's) we are going to continue energy production in the old way.
I have heard several people supporting wind farms for energy but they don't want them where they can see them.

I am absolutely in favour of wind farms. I have recently seen acres of good land covered with solar panels, doing nothing but make money for someone. Windmills, on the other hand only occupy a  small ammount of space. In fact, if you fastened some netting around them you could grow your runner beans up them. ;D
I know they don't meet all the needs of modern man but maybe modern man could be encouraged to use less electricity they may suffice.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS