Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: slimming world-advice please  (Read 9102 times)

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Re: slimming world-advice please
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2014, 12:13:53 pm »
Plums I have an actifry and now always do my chips in it. I just spray with fry light and off they go.
Last week I cooked home made burgers with a 60g wholemeal roll. Split the roll in half and had 2 open burgers. I used my HEA for light cheese slices, had loads of onions. Did chips and coleslaw and the only syns in that were 2 for the mayo on the coleslaw.
My slow cooker is getting more use too. We had a beef casserole on Sunday which was absolutely lovely. I used a Tesco slow cooker seasoning which worked out 1.5 syns per portion but the rest was FREE FREE FREE. Carrots, onions, muchrooms and of course beef and I served it with potatoes, cauliflower and broccoli. Mmmm
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2014, 09:30:01 pm »
Sounds delicious, Sally.  :yum:

I have an Actifry as well. If you get this month's SW magazine, there is a code in it to buy an Actifry at £100 off. We had chips tonight and my OH is perfectly happy to eat them. It was his idea that we get rid of our deep fat fryer.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2014, 08:16:15 am »
there was a similar offer on Tefals site a few months back for SW members and I missed out so will count the pennies and see if we can do it this time - thanks MGoM!
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2014, 09:45:29 am »
They have a mini one on the Tefal site at £99.99 but I can't afford that just now.
http://www.homeandcook.co.uk/product/811/tefal-actifry-mini
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2014, 09:49:47 am »
I need a mega one for feeding the 7 hungry mouths in this house  :-\   My eldest has started making cheesy SW chips when she's hungry or she'll demolish a punnet of blueberries rather than crisps or sweets so just by taking them along to listen in, the whole house has changed their approach to eating which has been good.
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2014, 09:18:27 pm »
I love going to group as well. The one I go to is on an estate and most of the people are from there but everyone is so friendly (I was afraid they might be a bit cliquey) and supportive. It's just like meeting a group of friends now.

We have taster sessions once a month were we all take along something we've made that is SW friendly and all dig in. I've found some fabulous recipes that way. Sometimes I find I see something in a book and wonder what it will be like but don't want to risk trying it, then have it at the taster session and know I do like it.

hafod

• Joined Jan 2013
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2014, 09:37:04 pm »
Can i just check? If I make something like a spag bol, I can count all the veg in the sauce as my 1/3rd superfree?

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2014, 09:38:55 pm »
The book you get when you join lists all the free foods. Most fruit and veg are super-free but not all. The advice given is for 1/3 of what you eat to be super-free but it doesn't always work out that way and other times I find I eat much more.

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2014, 08:57:52 am »
Can i just check? If I make something like a spag bol, I can count all the veg in the sauce as my 1/3rd superfree?
Hafod, if it's superfree and you put it in your spag bol then you count it towards your 1/3 of a plate. I make stew and add carrots, onions and mushrooms and that's my superfree done. Having said that I would usually have the stew with some other superfree veg anyway like cauliflower or green beans or both.
This week I made a conscious effort to up my superfree and it has worked. Weigh in last night and I had lost 5lbs and got slimmer of the week  :thumbsup:

hafod

• Joined Jan 2013
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2014, 11:17:50 am »
Thanks Bionic and congratulations. From the sounds of it you are eating yummy stuff and loosing weight-petfect!

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2014, 09:09:09 pm »
Wow, well done, Sally. I was joint slimmer of the week the week before last but we only lost a pound each. Everyone else had either maintained or put on.

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2014, 07:55:37 am »
Tonights dinner is hunter chicken. Chicken breast, stuffed with Philly light (hea), wrapped in bacon and then smothered in syn free BBQ sauce. Having this with a jacket potato and green beans. Mmm can't wait. All syn free

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2014, 03:14:59 pm »
Mmmmm. I'm feeling hungry now. Wonder if I have any chicken breasts in the freezer.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS