Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: pregnancy scanners  (Read 11166 times)

rustyme

pregnancy scanners
« on: April 23, 2008, 01:01:18 pm »
http://www.agroscan.com/UK/index.php

I thought there may be some people interested in the above link for scanners. It says they are affordable by all , but search as I may , I could not find a price anywhere....Still, they look very good and much handier than the old huge tv screen type that they used to cart about, just hope they work ok ? .

cheers

Russ

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
Re: pregnancy scanners
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 06:55:43 pm »
http://www.agroscan.com/UK/index.php

I thought there may be some people interested in the above link for scanners. It says they are affordable by all , but search as I may , I could not find a price anywhere....Still, they look very good and much handier than the old huge tv screen type that they used to cart about, just hope they work ok ? .

cheers

Russ

Couldn't get your link to work - http://www.agroscan.com/AGROSCAN_WEB/UK/AGROSCAN_Products.awp

Not sure about affordable though - the A14 costs around 10,000 USD

http://www.anicamstore.com/AGROSCAN-A14-P7408C1177.aspx

rustyme

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 09:45:34 pm »
I think my link is a bit out of date maybe now. Yours seemed to work ok though !!! Wow ....the price..... wouldn't have been so bad a few months ago ...£ against $,  it would have been much cheaper then ... but still a lot . It would be handy for someone with lots of sheep though or maybe a group buy for people with only a few sheep each ....would have to be good friends though ......or very rich ..

cheers

Russ

VSS

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Pen Llyn
    • Viable Self Sufficiency.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 06:23:02 pm »
Not worth the average sheep keeper having one - even if you have large flock. There is also quie alot of skill involved in interpretting what you see on the screen.
Most areas will have a chappie who goes around scanning on a contract basis.
The SHEEP Book for Smallholders
Available from the Good Life Press

www.viableselfsufficiency.co.uk

kaz

• Joined Jul 2008
  • Ceredigion
  • Dust yourself off when life throws you down.
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 07:14:23 pm »
Only if you twist their arm and promise them the earth and they still won't come unless you have got a big flock to scan.
Penybont Ryelands. Ystwyth Coloured Ryelands.  2 alpacas, 2 angora goats, 2 anglo nubian kids, 3golden retrievers a collie and a red fox labrador retriever, geese, ducks & chickens.

VSS

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Pen Llyn
    • Viable Self Sufficiency.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 06:31:05 pm »
Well, perhaps we are just lucky - the chap who does ours frequently does small flocks on his way round. He works like lightening. This year he did about 5 flocks in 5 different places within 1 3/4 hours. Total of about 300 ewes.
He charges 46p per ewe.

He is based in Penmachno - he probably doesn't come as far south as you Kaz.
The SHEEP Book for Smallholders
Available from the Good Life Press

www.viableselfsufficiency.co.uk

kaz

• Joined Jul 2008
  • Ceredigion
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2009, 06:40:04 pm »
I wish he did as it's a nightmare trying to find someone we are running blind all the time. We had a fellow a few years back that startred up and we recommended him to friends, but he got too big for his boots and only wanted to scan flocks of 100 ewes or more. Thats the thanks you get. :-X
Penybont Ryelands. Ystwyth Coloured Ryelands.  2 alpacas, 2 angora goats, 2 anglo nubian kids, 3golden retrievers a collie and a red fox labrador retriever, geese, ducks & chickens.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2009, 07:35:59 pm »
We were lucky to get Gillian to do our three - it was alot more than 46p per ewe but it was worth it.

tirdu

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2009, 11:32:17 am »
Scanned 100 ewes the other day at home at a meager cost of 30p per sheep, which to me is well worth it. Why bother carrying on empty ewes over the winter period especially a todays current market prices.

kaz

• Joined Jul 2008
  • Ceredigion
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2009, 03:14:54 pm »
There speaks a commercial farmer.

tirdu

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2009, 03:22:31 pm »
and whats that supposed to mean  ;D ?

kaz

• Joined Jul 2008
  • Ceredigion
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2009, 03:25:15 pm »
I have empty ewes one year and the next twin ewes lambs. I give them a chance. ;D ::)

tirdu

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2009, 03:27:09 pm »
I'll be honest i do keep my best favourite ewes on a year empty if they haven't conceived but otherwise no. Keeping the sheep to me is a hobby really? no hard feelings at all  ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS