Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Rare Breed sale Carlisle 20th September  (Read 8363 times)

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
Rare Breed sale Carlisle 20th September
« on: September 14, 2014, 08:20:42 pm »
Anyone else going ? We are going to pop through just to have a look as there is a few things we have spotted that we want to know what they sell for  ::)
I really will have to be on my best behaviour because after seeing them today if they go cheap enough I could be tempted  :innocent:
Graham

mowhaugh

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Scottish Borders
    • Facebook
Re: Rare Breed sale Carlisle 20th September
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 08:53:45 pm »
Yes, we are going.  I plan to buy a shetland tup (lamb), but am a bit worried about how few there are in the catalogue. I also have a Kerry Hill tup to pick up on the way home, and will try to sit on my hands when they are seling the KH females!

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 09:25:38 pm »
Oh no, why did you have to draw my attention to Carlisle Catalogue.... now I am sitting here looking at pedigrees and OH saying "No way are you taking the trailer/van to Carlisle...!

At least the catalogue is somewhat clearer!

Sokel - no male purchased yet?

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 09:30:17 pm »
Yes Anke we have reserved a  2014 kid today. Will be collecting him this next week once we get the shed altered
Thanks for the contact details :thumbsup:
Graham

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2014, 10:32:53 pm »
Yes Anke we have reserved a  2014 kid today. Will be collecting him this next week once we get the shed altered
Thanks for the contact details :thumbsup:

Oh good!

I have now been writing down a few of the Shetland sheep details, need to check pedigrees ... after all it is always easy to "hide" a sheep in the flock... :innocent:

Won't even look at the goats - but for anyone looking for some GG's - the Muircock girls for sale should be good quality animals!

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2014, 10:45:01 pm »

Oh good!

I have now been writing down a few of the Shetland sheep details, need to check pedigrees ... after all it is always easy to "hide" a sheep in the flock... :innocent:

Won't even look at the goats - but for anyone looking for some GG's - the Muircock girls for sale should be good quality animals!

Lol I am not going to look at sheep, too easily tempted.   
Have to agree about the GGs though I have seen all of the Muircock girls today and some are extra nice.  We actually couldn't resist another girl so there  will be one less at the sale  :innocent:
Graham

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2014, 11:59:06 pm »
I will be there!!  Taking my Gotland ram lamb - and he will then be going on due to the kindness of various people on here, to his new home in Aberdeenshire.  Worrying that I will be bringing an empty pick up back, but I will hopefully resist filling it for the return journey!!!

Would be nice to meet those of you going.....

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2014, 04:00:17 am »
I can't be there, sadly, prior engagement, but just to let any spinners know that members and friends of Eden Valley Guild of Spinners, Weavers and Dyers will be Spinning in Public (on Spinning in Public Day) in Penrith Library and would love to have other spinners / spindlers / fibrey folk join them, even if only for half an hour.
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2014, 06:37:53 am »

We actually couldn't resist another girl so there  will be one less at the sale  :innocent:

:thumbsup:

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2014, 06:47:29 am »
I'm going.

mowhaugh

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Scottish Borders
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2014, 08:24:30 am »
I can't be there, sadly, prior engagement, but just to let any spinners know that members and friends of Eden Valley Guild of Spinners, Weavers and Dyers will be Spinning in Public (on Spinning in Public Day) in Penrith Library and would love to have other spinners / spindlers / fibrey folk join them, even if only for half an hour.

Anyone going then going back your way I can give fleece to for you?

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2014, 09:49:40 am »

:excited: :excited:  I'll check the catalogue; one of our friends usually has some Shetlands in.  I'll find *someone*!

Cheeky question : How many have you got for me?  I have a number of people interested in trying black Cheviot ;)

Edited to say, yes, our friend Alma Forster is there, she has Shetlands in.  207-210, 281-283.  Either she or her son Harry would take the fleeces for me, I'm sure.   Failing that, friends with Ryelands - the Wrights - are also there. 
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 10:05:54 am by SallyintNorth »
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

mowhaugh

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Scottish Borders
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2014, 10:34:22 am »

:excited: :excited:  I'll check the catalogue; one of our friends usually has some Shetlands in.  I'll find *someone*!

Cheeky question : How many have you got for me?  I have a number of people interested in trying black Cheviot ;)

Edited to say, yes, our friend Alma Forster is there, she has Shetlands in.  207-210, 281-283.  Either she or her son Harry would take the fleeces for me, I'm sure.   Failing that, friends with Ryelands - the Wrights - are also there.

I have about 15, I think!  If you'd been there, I was just going to say have a rootle about in the wool sheet in the back of our truck and see what you wanted, but if any of your friends have space to get them to you, I can send them all, but obviously you'd then be stuck with them.  Two of them are greyish from older sheep, I can take those out if you want, they are on the top.  I'm afraid there is a bit of VM in there too!

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2014, 06:47:50 pm »
Well we are going to watch the Goats  :innocent: and maybe check the shetlands/Coloured ryelands out.
Sods law that the pigs are in with the Goats  :-\  I could be tempeted with a couple as its a while since we had our own Pork
Graham

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2014, 07:39:21 pm »
I think pigs are always best bought from the breeder directly, as they don't do stress very well...

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS