Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Not far off kidding ....  (Read 3707 times)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Not far off kidding ....
« on: November 25, 2009, 10:56:04 pm »
The small pygmy nanny looks like she will be first to kid, getting extrmely large.  Unfortunately I do not have a due date as she was already in kid when I got her ....owner no idea about goats (just said she had seen the two nannies having S.E.X. all one weekend with Bobby!)  She was a abit vague about dates, but I have worked it out that its anytime in the next couple of weeks.

Other nanny may go a bit longer.  Sannan will hopefully be early next year.

r+lchick

• Joined Sep 2009
Re: Not far off kidding ....
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 08:47:25 am »
Good luck.  Don't forget the pictures.

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2009, 08:27:17 pm »
OOOhh!! V exciting! Keep us posted.
Little Blue

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2009, 03:57:15 pm »
Going to try and get separate pens sorted this weekend.  Doubt Bobby the pygmy billy will like being separated from his two ladies. They lived together at previous home, so he has not been away from them,.  But I have the other pygmy ladies so he may like to visit those, and maybe that will ease the separation.

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2009, 09:53:14 pm »
Charlie, the youngest pygmy has bagged up.  I have been checking as best I can, to see if she was making an udder.  Its extremely hard trying to see on a small, hairy little goat.  Even bending down you are not low enough.  Don't think she is imminent though. Now I have said that, she will kid!!!

I wish the owner had kept a note of the date she saw the billy serve the two nannies. It would help me a lot.  She reckoned it would be before Christmas ......so anytime in the next couple of weeks then.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS