Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Vehicle Insurance  (Read 8627 times)

nicandem

• Joined Aug 2011
  • Berkeley, Glos
Re: Vehicle Insurance
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2014, 08:49:50 am »
tried to insure with NFU this year but as the landy doesn't have windows in back and was registered as a Light Utility Vehicle...would only do commercial insurance... muppet on phone then said i could only carry my shotgun if i had fitted safe and metal box for ammo.... later discovered he was quoting for commercial carriage of firearms/bulk ammo!!!!

SophieLeeds

• Joined Aug 2014
  • Yorkshire
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2014, 02:37:25 pm »
We were insured with NFU until this year there quote was over £500 for L200 for business usage with 3 drivers the youngest 23 years old
I did a search through my Topcashback Account  and found Aviva  would cost £325 plus we get £60.60 cashback after 3 months. It was a bit of a 'no brainer', we renewed with Aviva at almost half the cost
I suppose the moral is check every year, I know I will!!
Anne

I need a 22 year old on the policy and was told they don't insure under 25's!
"The ultimate goal of farming is not the growing of crops or livestock, but the cultivation and perfection of human beings"

SophieLeeds

• Joined Aug 2014
  • Yorkshire
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2014, 02:38:08 pm »
I used to insure our tractor with the NFU but they weren't cheap. I didn't renew the policy due to price. After I told them I wasn't renewing they sent me several letters threatening to sue me for recovery of a "debt" as I hadn't paid my insurance premium! It took several visits to their local office to make them stop. Suffice to say we won't be using them again.

Least you got sorted  ;D :thumbsup:

I don't need discouraging from them, cant afford it!
"The ultimate goal of farming is not the growing of crops or livestock, but the cultivation and perfection of human beings"

Snapper

• Joined Mar 2010
    • walbut house farm
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2014, 12:26:18 pm »
Who wouldn't quote for a 22 year old NFU or Aviva?

SophieLeeds

• Joined Aug 2014
  • Yorkshire
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2014, 11:53:55 am »
Who wouldn't quote for a 22 year old NFU or Aviva?

NFU

Snapper

• Joined Mar 2010
    • walbut house farm
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2014, 10:42:25 am »
We had him on as the third Driver on NFU policy, he has his own vehicle as well so he was an occasional driver on the NFU policy. We originally wanted to put him on it for a week, as my husband wasn't able to drive for a bit and I'm useless with the trailer.  They  worked out that it wasn't that much more just to add  him to the policy for the rest of the year.
I wonder if they're using different underwriters this year as our quote was so expensive and they won't even quote to add a 22 year old to your policy.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS