Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Fishing trip Scotland help please  (Read 10320 times)

kevkev57

• Joined Sep 2008
Fishing trip Scotland help please
« on: November 20, 2009, 08:08:18 pm »
Hi everyone,

For a Christmas present I wanted to offer one of my sons a fishing week in Scotland. I am looking at B&B/hotel or something similar for both of us  , and I will need to sort out someone local that knows the right spot and can assist us,as we are newbies. I would prefer to find someone here at TAS. Then I can meet some of you. 

Any ideas ? If any of you can offer a package for us, please email me at   ashley@scarlet.be

Many thanks Kevin

sandy

Re: Fishing trip Scotland help please
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 08:27:59 pm »
Loads of fishing here in Clackmannanshire!! My son in law came here fishing but did not get too much, some fish on the Forth but there are many other places, Gartmorn Dam, and loads of other places!!

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009, 08:57:56 pm »

Great idea!  But that's a pretty open ended question! Firstly what sort of place do you want to fish? (Sea / coast / lochs / rivers?)  What kind of fish do you want to catch (trout / salmon / coarse / seafish), and how do you want to catch them? (worm / spinner / fly / dynamite  ;D).

If you know the answers to the questions above, I'm sure I can recommend somewhere good to go. Equally if you can't yet answer the questions above, that is quite informative in itself, and might give some pointers too!!
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

kevkev57

• Joined Sep 2008
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 09:16:38 pm »
Womble........................we want salmon and plenty of it. Dont care where it is, in a loch, in a lake ,or under your bed but we want SALMON...

Let me know where it is !

Kevin

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2009, 09:19:15 pm »
You'll be lucky.  We keep that treasure for ourselves

Only joking!  I think it can be pretty expensive to fish salmon though.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

sandy

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2009, 09:19:53 pm »
You "sometimes" get Salmon in the Forth but Brown Trout is just as good, lot's of that up here BUT a friend told us it has been in short suply this year..look on the link on my wesite   www.tower-house.co.uk

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2009, 09:21:48 pm »
buy a big tin from the shop and rent a DVD of salmon fishing ......much warmer , dryer and cheaper....  ::) ::) ::)

cheers

Russ

sandy

marigold

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Kirriemuir Scotland
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2009, 09:31:09 pm »
My mate at work rates the Tay for Salmon. He also goes up to Ballater.
He also agreed that this season so far has been disappointing.
I live on the Isla with is very beautiful and cheap to buy a fishing permit for but the tree canopy around here is overgrown and an inconvenience for casting. Would be happy to offer a cup of tea if you ended up this way though - might manage a piece of cake too!!!!!!!!!
kirsty

kevkev57

• Joined Sep 2008
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2009, 09:36:24 pm »
Russ, we share many things in common, age, same locations same time ( southall ) but the thought of a tin of fish and a DVD is not for me. Keep on like that and I am going to drive up to your patch of wales and put something up you kilt or whatever you wear there...

AND I will try and find some of those folk that broke your panes of glass and drive them to your place....so there   ;D

Kevin

sandy

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2009, 09:39:26 pm »
Oh errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

pauline

• Joined Sep 2009
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2009, 09:39:36 pm »
Why not try The Fairy Lochs if you want a bit of trout fishing. Beautiful scenery and one of the lochs is a desigated war grave, a bit emotional when you go there but well worth seeing. You can stay at the Sheildaigh Hotel or rent one of the cottages. we took Keepers Cottage and although very basic you can walk out from there to the lochs and once you are up in the hills it is only a short walk between lochs. my husband and I spent a couple of days up there 2 years ago and it was amazing! Will try and post links! Also the Badachro Inn is amazing for food and a drink. http://www.nafirchlis.co.uk/fairy.htmhttp://www.shieldaiglodge.com/english/shieldaig_cottages.html
http://www.badachroinn.com/

kevkev57

• Joined Sep 2008
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2009, 09:41:46 pm »
ANYWAY Russ, Belgium now rules the Eu , its official , so you WILL obey......( Kevin, now heading for a remote spot off the radar of russ )

kevkev57

• Joined Sep 2008
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2009, 09:43:13 pm »
Love it Sandy ! :yum:

sandy

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2009, 09:47:51 pm »
We all have this image of each other...we may be disopointed if we do meet up!! My youngest did performing arts and media nad spent some time as a presenter on a local radio station....she is attractive and a very bubbly girls BUT...some of the other presenters..male ones..were a cross between Alan Partridge and the  most dullest, boaring...old fashioned lad that was in your class at School!!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS